"wireless charging paused"

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had this on all of my Samsung phones with multiple wireless chargers. I don't know if it's a phone problem or a charger problem. The phone will charge no problem on the same wireless charger on my desk or in my car one day but the next will get stuck in an endless loop of "wireless charging paused" and it's maddening. Yes, wireless charging and fast wireless charging are enabled. Yes, I've rebooted the phone. I don't understand why it's fine one day and not the next and then back to fine the following day. Anyone know the cause or have a solution? And, is it a phone or charger problem?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Not a big wireless charging fan I like how fast a wired charger works for me. I use them at my desk for a short while I lay them on the charger but when I leave and get in my car it's plugged in.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Not a big wireless charging fan I like how fast a wired charger works for me. I use them at my desk for a short while I lay them on the charger but when I leave and get in my car it's plugged in.

yes, if I'm in a rush I use wired charging, but casually sitting at my desk at home or in my car I use wireless charging. it's just easier and I don't need a super fast charge in those situations, but I should get a charge.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Do all of your phones have cases? If so, does this happen with the case off?

My phone does have an ultra thin case (the thinnest I could find and not leave a camera hump), but again the odd thing is that it's random. Same charger, same case, works one day and not the next. Same thing all the way back to my S8 and I have updated with new chargers over the years and same problem. I did just download the galaxy app app and tried a few of those things and I'll see if that does anything.

I've always thought Samsung put out the best phones, but it's these little things about the phone that make me consider getting a Pixel when the new ones come out, hence me trying to figure out if its a phone or charger problem. But the charger is just sitting there static on my desk...

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Wireless charging killed my S10+ battery so I refuse to use it at all now.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging generates more heat in general, which is bad for batteries.

Still, correlation isn't causation... Could've been any number of things.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Here's another article: https://wirelessitem.com/solutions-for-wireless-charging-paused/. Could it be that vibrations from notifications might be shifting the phone?

I don't think it's the vibrations because it happens right when I set the phone down on the charger. I can pick it up and reset it down and it will happen multiple times in a row despite me setting it down in the same way I do all the time when it works. I tried unplugging and replugging in the charger. We'll see if that works long term. And next time it starts acting up I'll try unplugging it at that point and see if it fixes it acutely.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My home chargers are Choetech and Samsung and my car charger is APPLUS.

I'll bet you don't have the problem with the Samsung ones?

A few months back people started having problems with third party chargers. I've got a ravpower one that won't "fast" wireless charge anymore..
I'd wager it's to do with that.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll bet you don't have the problem with the Samsung ones?

A few months back people started having problems with third party chargers. I've got a ravpower one that won't "fast" wireless charge anymore..
I'd wager it's to do with that.

I actually stopped using the round angled Samsung fast wireless chargers a few years ago because I was having so much trouble with them doing the same thing a few phones ago. That's why I'm wondering if it's a Samsung phone issue as opposed to a charger issue. I'll give one of them a try again how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen