Wireless Charging

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the pixel stand until I saw on google that the fold only charges at 7.5 watts with it. Does anyone happen to know if that's for all wireless chargers or just the pixel stand?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the pixel stand until I saw on google that the fold only charges at 7.5 watts with it. Does anyone happen to know if that's for all wireless chargers or just the pixel stand?
In this case it's probably more to do with the phone.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Heat generation is my guess.
Frank, I can call you that, right. I was also wondering about that pretty low limitation and thought about heat. Maybe it would cause the inner screen protector to separate if the Fold got too hot.

Reason I was thinking about it is that my Fold will NOT charge on the Pixel Qi charger (gen 2) in my new Torro case. It does charge in the KeziHome case. Last night I fiddled with the ac adapter, the cable, the positioning - could not get it charging with that case on. I prefer the Torro case to the other since it fits more snuggly with less play and presents a more compact case situation although, any folio (book-like) case makes the unit a bit thick and large! I also got out my long idle Samsung disk charger and it also would NOT charge with that case on.

Reactions: J Dubbs