Wireless dongle for AA heating up my phone

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I recently had a Sony XAV-AX5600 unit installed in my 2011 Toyota Camry specifically to use Android Auto with my Pixel 6. I found this wireless dongle on Amazon:

AAWireless 2023 - Wireless Android Auto Dongle - Connects Automatically to Android Auto - Easy Plug and Play Setup - Free Companion App - Made in Europe https://a.co/d/5Kgu3bj

Setup for this was very easy, and my phone connects to the Bluetooth in usually less than 30 seconds. It's really nice to be able to keep my phone in my pocket, but my phone gets so hot. I wrote to the manufacturer, and they said that's the drawback to using this.

Does anyone know of any dongle or there that doesn't heat the phone so much?

When I connected my phone to my original car stereo using Bluetooth, it didn't heat up at all.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the Motorola one with a Samsung Galaxy S23 and while it does get hot when using maps, it's not something that would be uncomfortable to touch or keep pocketed. However, if the phone is in a pocket, that usually does take more power for wireless connections, so I'd try leaving the phone on the console and seeing if that heats up badly as well.