Wireless Earbuds Advice

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Since I have to adjust to using wireless Bluetooth earbuds for when I upgrade to the S21 Ultra, I went to Best Buy yesterday and picked the Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro up. They were on sale for $99, but I ended up paying $137 with 2 years of Geek Squad protection included. While I like the fact that they have Aptx support and a plethora of EQ options in the app with great sound for music, I don't like the fact that you can only make use of the right earbud for calls. I can hear the person on the other end, but when I took out the right bud, nothing doing with the left. I also like the in-ear detection feature other buds have.

If I were to return these, which ones should I go for that have:

Aptx support

In-ear detection

True mono mode

Control of calls from both buds

Integrated app

It seems like no matter what brand you decide to go with, you have to compromise. Any suggestions?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy buds Pro.

They don't have AptX support, but that's a trap anyway.

If the pro are out of your price range the plus are also still very good, and nothing will integrate better with your phone.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been very unimpressed with the Samsung earbuds until I purchased the Buds Pro. IMO they are a huge improvement in sound and noice cancellation over the prior earbuds. Plus the integrated app is another plus. They have a voice detection feature that senses your own voice so, when you speak it lowers the volume. I was going to try out the Jabra Elite Active 75ts but I hate the fact that when I need to use one bud. it has to be the right earbud. Plus they are unstable but the sound they produce is awesome but these Buds Pro are acceptably close.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm really happy with my buds pro. The sound quality is excellent and they have some nice features but my favourite bit is that when I open their case they immediately connect to my phone with never an issue. It sounds like a trivial thing but my previous wireless buds I aways ended up having to manually connect via Bluetooth settings !!!

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Just got the Buds Pro - first that are comfortable! Tried airpod and airpod pro along with original Buds. They made these right. Had to use the large pad to get that comfortable fit.

Still, hit or miss on tap action to start/stop, volume, turn ambient sound on/off. I can live with that and hope it gets better. I use them to listen to ATV but wish it could switch devices better without disconnecting. Oh well.

violet_teloiv

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Galaxy buds Pro.

If the pro are out of your price range the plus are also still very good, and nothing will integrate better with your phone.

Agreed.

I’ve had the Galaxy Buds and now I’m using Galaxy Buds Pro. I’ve also had AirPods, which didn’t work for me at all. Keep in mind I’m still using an iPhone SE 2 as my daily driver while I await delivery of my Galaxy S21+. I expect the integration with my Buds Pro to make using both even better than it is with my iOS devices. As someone with small ears, another selling point for me was that both pairs of Galaxy Buds are super comfortable to wear, unlike the horribly uncomfortable AirPods which I had to use third party tips with to keep them in my ears.

TL;dr: Get the Galaxy Buds — they’ll give you a better overall experience and the integration will make life that much easier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfoot715