Wonderful invention

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Why not? Can you not use a different USB socket for charging the phone such as an adapter plugged into the aux power socket?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, many cars have extra USB ports that specifically don't have a data connection.

These kinds of wireless Android Auto adapters (and also ones for Apple CarPlay) are pretty common now -- my wife has an off-brand one that works perfectly well for her Audi A3 e-tron.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if @eric002 was under the impression that the wireless adapter plugs into the phone's USB port, not the car's? Since this is a 3.5 year old thread, I'm guessing he would've realized by now that's not the case ...

Also, the last time he posted anything in this forum was Jan 2022.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm wondering if @eric002 was under the impression that the wireless adapter plugs into the phone's USB port, not the car's? Since this is a 3.5 year old thread, I'm guessing he would've realized by now that's not the case ...

Also, the last time he posted anything in this forum was Jan 2022.
Some vehicles don't have wireless AA so you would get a dongle like Motorola m1 but need a USB slot so if u only have 1 USB port in the vehicle you can't use multiple devices like Motorola and other for charging wired or a wireless charging pad that uses USB

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some vehicles don't have wireless AA so you would get a dongle like Motorola m1 but need a USB slot so if u only have 1 USB port in the vehicle you can't use multiple devices like Motorola and other for charging wired or a wireless charging pad that uses USB
Right, but in that case, I would recommend a "cigarette lighter" DC charger, since old cars like that almost certainly will still have that kind of charging port.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45