Wondering if we should beef up moderation in the blog

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Title mostly defines my question.

Lately, I've noticed a heap of toxicity from the blog comments, whether that's insults, claims of trolling or just generally disruptive posting.

I'm wondering if we should probably practice some more moderation on the blog to reduce the likelihood of such toxicity making its way.

I came to Android Central back in 2013 mainly due to the friendly community. I'd love to see that back instead of seeing ever increasing toxicity.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I personally think there should be no rules difference between the blog and the forums. Seeing some of the comments over the past few months has been like looking at YouTube comments.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I personally think there should be no rules difference between the blog and the forums. Seeing some of the comments over the past few months has been like looking at YouTube comments.
Agreed.

I love having a good debate every once in a while, but insults, name calling and trolling in general are just not cool.

The blog should probably have some tighter moderation. I've seen a lot of toxicity lately that we can honestly all do without.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I came to Android Central back in 2013 mainly due to the friendly community. I'd love to see that back instead of seeing ever increasing toxicity.

This is one of the main reasons I've been posting less in CB and more in AC & iMore. The members here are a lot more positive and always a pleasure to chat with which makes it fun coming back everyday. 😃

I personally haven't noticed a lot of negativity in the forums but then again, I don't visit all the sub forums. If you feel there needs to be something done, then I trust your judgement. Maybe get all the Mods & Ambass together with James and have a discussion?

We all want to see this forum continue to grow and be a lovely place for not only current members but also people just joining. 😃

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It's a reference to the blog comments....like in the articles. The idea that there are comments there that can get really bad at times.
Yep, and it seems to get ever so slightly worse with the usual suspects.

I don't know why the blog practices a significantly more relaxed approach to moderation. I agree with Golfdriver that we should be moderating the blog comments the same way we do in the forums. Every passing day, I see at least one comment that reinforces our stance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa