WordPress and Galaxy Tab 10.1 = fail

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Samsung 10.1 a couple of months ago and I love it, however I have a blog and one of the things I was looking forward to was blogging "live", meaning I would pull up at a coffee shop and edit my photos (is the photo editor awesome or what?) and do everything from my tablet. Then I discovered I cannot do several critical things in WordPress using the Android browser. For example I cannot click several radio buttons, I cannot click the "insert photo" button, I can actually click it but nothing happens. I was told that the Android browser does not support "contentEditable" (not real sure what that means).

I have posted on the WordPress forums and the Android forums at WordPress and I can't even determine if anyone is working on solving this issue. Instead they are working on a dedicated app which seems weird to me, who needs an "app" when you have a full sized display and browser. I get that an app would make sense if you're using a phone, but an app for a tablet that has a full sized browser?? what the heck? Oh and the WordPress app for Android does not meet my needs either. This is like owning a stunted tablet.

So, are there any other people here who have WordPress blogs and if so how do you manage? It seems insane that WordPress within the browser is not compatible, and I cannot determine if WordPress or the Android folks are even working on solving that.

Thanks for any ideas or direction you can provide.

Chris

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
did you try other browser ?
Dolphin for Pad , Opera !?

I agree with this. I was trying something on the native browser the other day and it wouldn't work. I used the dolphin browser, and it worked beautifully. Also try making sure that pop-up windows are not being blocked (blocking may be the default setting), since some of those things may be attempting to open a pop-up to work.

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll try Dolphin, Firefox could do more but it's crippled in other ways. What these developers don't seem to realize is the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet is not a tiny cell phone, there is no need for these ridiculous phone apps on a dang tablet. I wish they would treat the Tablet like a laptop and not a little cell phone.

Anyhow, bitterness aside, I'll try Dolphin. I assume I can find that in the jungle known as Android Market.

Other than this I sure like my Samsung.

Chris

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Dolphin is a nice browser but an utter fail with WordPress. It has the same limitations (cannot "insert into post" button to add photos, cannot click radio buttons (left, center, right) to choose where to place the photo, as far as WordPress goes it's as lame as Android. And pop-up is not the issue, thanks for the suggestion

I am astonished that Android is so incompatible with WordPress and the app they have built for Android is for cell phones, and it's crippled as well.

I have written to Android writers, I have attempted to contact the official Android developers (they do a good job of avoiding the public). Had I known Android was so incompatible with WordPress I would not have bought it. Sad thing is I REALLY like it, but I mainly bought it so I could blog and stuff while on the go. I need to see if the iPad works with WordPress, but damn I do not want to buy an iPad.

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it.

Pisser :)

Chris

edit: I wish I could change the title, the problem with WordPress is Android and not Samsung.

Last edited:

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Before throwing in the towel, I'd give Opera, Opera Mini, Maxthon, and Miren browsers a try.
There's one website in particular that gives me problems. The only browser that works for that particular site is Opera Mini.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419