Would MHL work with Quattrimus ICS CM9 ROM

devriesj

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have quattrimus ICS CM9 on my optimus v. Do you thank that A mhl Adapter would work? I would like to have video out. I know the mhl circuitry is not built in to the phone. I was looking at a powered MHL adapter with the circuitry built in to the cable.
Amazon.com: Cable Matters Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter in Black for Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Infuse 4G, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Flyer Tablet, HTC Sensation Phone with 3 FT Micro USB Cable: Electronics

Does ICS have support for the powered MHL adapters? If it does not is it a hardware problem with the optimus v or just a software issue that could be fix with an update to the ICS rom.

Thank you!

Last edited:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hardware.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm no expert, so please, anyone, correct what I'm saying if you know more. I was under the impression that there was a program that you could use to view the recovery video on your computer. Is this functionality related? I know I've read about several people using it on the OV.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

devriesj

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Video out via ADB would be a start. Do you thank that we could put video out via usb into the rom? Maybe not MHL, but is there any usb adapter that could work assuming the proper driver was built into the rom?

This could be huge. An app or universal driver to do video out on all android phones regardless of built in hardware. It may have to be ICS only but with more and more phones getting ICS roms. That should not be a problem.

Even low res video out would be better than nothing. What about the headphone jack? I know ipods and even the zune can do video out via the headphone jack.

Sorry I don't know how to program, but what do you thank? Could it ever work?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It isn't "video out" through ADB. It basically grabs screenshots as fast as it can (which isn't very fast), hence why you never see fluid video of our recoveries being used (or any video at all, really.)

Honestly, if you want video out on your phone, you're best bet is to look at the Triumph or the Evo. Not sure if the One V has this capability. It just is not possible on our phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana