hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone please say what the X DONE (with yellowish background) in upper left corner of display means? It doesn't delete anything and it doesn't close a page . . .

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: X done ???

On which app is this appearing?

Although I don't recall all the times/locations, today it appeared while on my apps page---after I touched Downloads. I was attempting to delete some items from the Downloads list and initially failed to notice the trash can on upper right of display. So I touched the checkboxes of a couple of items and the X DONE appeared top left of display---but when I touched X DONE (trying to delete items) nothing deleted (of course).

The X DONE appeared many times when I was learning to use my Thrive but it never accomplished anything (that I know of) so I just ignored it.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

I think that is just set up to be like a ”cancel” button (based on its function). I know that you would think that they could just name it that, but there could be a patent issue Google or Toshiba is avoiding.

Reactions: hummingbirdhill

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Ohhhhkay. Useless! But I can see that you may be right about what it's supposedly supposed to do. Thank you kindly.

You have been so very helpful in our forums(!) so I will ask you another question if you don't mind:
Do you know how I can delete the 3 pics of the white dog bookcover in my Gallery?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Those pictures can be deleted, but they may show up again as they are regenerated in a cache folder.

A better way is to put an empty file named ".no media" (the period in front is important) in folders with media you don't want to see. This will prevent the photo gallery and media players from displaying file in those folders. If you go into the file manager app and put that nomedia file in the Cache folder and subfolders of the Blio folder that should hide the dogs.

Here's a copy of one of those nomedia files.
http://db.tt/fHS1tH6

Reactions: hummingbirdhill

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Those pictures can be deleted, but they may show up again as they are regenerated in a cache folder.

A better way is to put an empty file named ".no media" (the period in front is important) in folders with media you don't want to see. This will prevent the photo gallery and media players from displaying file in those folders. If you go into the file manager app and put that nomedia file in the Cache folder and subfolders of the Blio folder that should hide the dogs.

Here's a copy of one of those nomedia files.
http://db.tt/fHS1tH6

Wowsers, you are okay, man! Thanks again; it worked. :)

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

While you are here, can you tell me why my Faves (puter IE website links) aren't links when I transfer them to my Thrive? And is there a way I can make them hot links on my Thrive?

If I save them from my puter's Chrome browser, that wouldn't make any difference, would it?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Internet explorer saves your favorites as shortcuts in the same way you would make a shortcut to a program on the desktop of your computer.

You could either export your IE favorites as a htm / html file or download the Chrome to Phone app from the Market to sync your bookmarks.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

BTW, glad I can help. Since getting an android phone just over a year ago, I got pretty interested and learned a lot about Android. I like the AC forums to learn more and help out.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Internet explorer saves your favorites as shortcuts in the same way you would make a shortcut to a program on the desktop of your computer.

You could either export your IE favorites as a htm / html file or download the Chrome to Phone app from the Market to sync your bookmarks.

Please excuse my increasing ignorance and tell me how to export my Faves to html!

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

BTW, glad I can help. Since getting an android phone just over a year ago, I got pretty interested and learned a lot about Android. I like the AC forums to learn more and help out.

You are a huge help in Thrive threads; you'd already taught me quite a lot and tonight you are helping me get some bothersome things changed on my Thrive so that we can work together more peacefully and productively. :) I can't even imagine how many other AC forum users you've assisted!

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Please excuse my increasing ignorance and tell me how to export my Faves to html!

• Click the "Favorites" button in IE to open the tab.
  • Next, click the little down triangle next to "Add to Favorites..."
  • Select "Import and Export..."
  • Select "Export to a file" then press "Next >"
  • Select "Favorites"
  • Select the appropriate folder from the list (top level folder will include sub-folders)
  • Verify the file destination so you can copy it and select "Export"

An alternate way to get to the "Import and Export..." is from the IE window:
  • Press the "Alt" key on your keyboard
  • Go to the "File" pulldown that appears in the toolbar
  • Select "Import and Export"

Happy browsing!

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

• Click the "Favorites" button in IE to open the tab.
  • Next, click the little down triangle next to "Add to Favorites..."
  • Select "Import and Export..."
  • Select "Export to a file" then press "Next >"
  • Select "Favorites"
  • Select the appropriate folder from the list (top level folder will include sub-folders)
  • Verify the file destination so you can copy it and select "Export"

An alternate way to get to the "Import and Export..." is from the IE window:
  • Press the "Alt" key on your keyboard
  • Go to the "File" pulldown that appears in the toolbar
  • Select "Import and Export"

Happy browsing!

Since no little down arrow is beside Add to Favourites..., I did the alternate method which is delightful to know! I scooted the .htm file from puter via usb into Thrive's file manager; when I touch the file (instead of the file opening to show the links), a webpage results that says:

Webpage not available
The webpage at content://com.android.htmlfileprovider/storage/Faves%20exported.htm?text/html might be temporarily down or it might have moved permanently to a new web address.

After the file was exported, I changed the name from bookmark.htm to Faves exported.htm and perhaps I shouldn't have changed the name? Or I shouldn't have used a space in the new name?

Or is there a way in which to import the file into the Thrive's android browser?

EDIT:
I emailed the file as an attachment to my Thrive and the urls are hot inside the email . . . but not in the attachment. (I don't know how or why they appeared inside the email itself).

Last edited:

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I was successfully able to export the bookmark.htm file, copy it to a USB stick and when I navigated to it using the stock file manager, I tapped the file and a window popped up prompting me for a program to use to open the file.

"HTML Viewer" worked fine, but I couldn't transfer the links to any of the browsers I am using:
Stock
Dolphin HD
Dolphin Tab
Maxon

I think importing the bookmarks into Chrome and then using Chrome to Phone or the Chrome sync option in the stock browser settings would be your best bet.