Xoom as work/home device?

anthrem

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Wondering about the Xoom as a device that I could use both at work and at home. I am wondering if the device has any ability for handwriting recognition or on screen writing.

I am a psychotherapist, and I would like to be able to write all my notes on patients on one device. So I need a device to write notes on at work, connect to my computer to print them, and then save to online cloud. Looking to also use it as a personal entertainment device, web, im, mp3s. Hoping flash and Google Voice make it on the device soon...

Is there any possibility that the Xoom could meet my fantasy? I realize it is not the one device to unite them all, but...

Last edited:

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
The Xoom does not have the ability for handwriting recognition or on screen writing. You need to look at the HTC Flyer. the HTC Flyer will be released with Android 2.3.3 but it will be upgraded to Android 3.0 (Honeycomb). It will have the HTC Sense UI. It is a 7" tablet.

edit: HTC Flyer video:
HTC at WMC 2011 - HTC Flyer

Last edited:

anthrem

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
HTC Flyer has only one processor, versus the Nvidia Tegra 2 in the Xoom. The size is smalled than the iPad, which is a bit small for my taste.

<sigh>

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevealexa9