Xoom tethering

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If anyone has a DX with the gingerbread leak installed can you check and see if you can still tether thru bluetooth for internet access.

effingpace

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I will test it for you but i've never tethered using BT before, can you tell me how? i just installed gingerbread on my DX today.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You pair the dx an Xoom then place your Xoom in airplane mode. Turn bluetooth on in Xoom settings then connect to the dx in the Xoom bt settings.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I will wait for the ota upgrade for gingerbread but I wanted to make sure tethering would still work before accepting the upgrade.

xoomdroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am posting this on my xoom BT tethered to my Droid 2 on 2.2 froyo. Once BT connection is established, there is an option under BT settings on your xoom to tether. Just tap that and it will establish the connection. Easy!!

Edit: just saw you wanted to make sure it still works after the update my bad!

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For me its more stable than the ROM I was on and the speeds are faster. It doesn't cut out the 3g radio like it used to for me. Since I am having wifi tether issues this is nice. It was the exact opposite for froyo

I wouldn't wait for this to be released. From past experience with Blackberry and Verizon, I can see Verizon rejecting every update from here on out. DX2 is almost out people. Be glad we got this leak. And lets pray I'm wrong about the updates. I have been before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali