Xperia XZ3 Unboxing

spiffus

Feb 8, 2019
Visit site
Howdy all,

Long time Windows mobile device user here. I've had a Lumia 920 and then an Lumia 950 XL for over 7 years, but after reading the writing on the wall, I finally decided to make the jump to Android.

After considering several models, I decided to buy an Xperia XZ3. I've been impressed with the quality and longevity of my other Sony electronic equipment (TV, Blu-ray, camcorder), and I liked what I'd seen online in various reviews.

I ordered a Forest Green H9493 model new from Amazon, so it has 6 GB instead of 4 GB, and Dual SIM (which I use when I go overseas), and it was only $609. it came in less than two weeks ago, and I've been getting used to Android over Windows 10 Mobile, and I've intentionally not downloaded any Launchers or the like, so I can learn to use the Android OS as it exists on my phone.

I'm certainly no expert on unboxing threads, but I decided to give it a shot anyways. Please let me know if y'all have any questions or suggestions for improvement!

WP_20190409_17_33_05_Pro_LI.jpg
It was nice of the seller to include a power adapter for the included Taiwan/Hong Kong model plug to use in the States, but it was the wrong adapter. :)

WP_20190409_17_37_46_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20190409_17_39_32_Pro_LI.jpg
The flash reflection is a bit annoying, but it presents a better image of the Forest Green than my non-flash image did.

WP_20190409_17_42_01_Pro_LI.jpg
These are all of the items which were included in the original box.

WP_20190409_17_43_54_Pro_LI.jpg
I'm not jazzed that the Dual SIM is a hybrid insert with the MicroSD card, but seeing as Android Pie doesn't seem to allow (or recommend) apps to be stored on a MicroSD card, I'll live. I've already bought one of those jerry-rig adapters that allows you to have two SIM cards and a MicroSD card connected by essentially placing the second SIM card outside the phone. I'll see how it works this summer.

WP_20190409_21_19_50_Pro_LI.jpg
Not the most focused image ever taken, but I didn't know how long the Sony logo would remain onscreen during first boot.

WP_20190409_21_19_57_Pro_LI.jpg
I like the animated multicolor Xperia text during the boot process. It's nifty.

That's it for my unboxing pictures. After it booted, I had to go through the initial setup screens, and haven't taken any more pictures of my phone since then. I'm happy to add some more if requested.

Thanks, y'all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sipos