Yahoo Mail IMAP worked fine, now login failed.

jonton26

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem too and here's my solution and a few other observations as I was playing around with Yahoo imap/pop3 the past few days.

When my mobile internet has been off for several hours (I turn it off frequently to conserve battery power) imap/pop3 won't work. I haven't done a factory reset because I don't want to spend the time to restore my phone unless it's absolutely necessary, so I've found that simply leaving your phone connected to the mobile internet for say 10/15 minutes will allow imap to work. I've also noticed that you can't log in using imap via wifi that's why I keep specifying mobile internet.

Dude, you've saved me.
Thank u thank u thank youuuuu

People, listen well here....
YAHOO IMAP will NOT work if you are connected via Wi-Fi on your mobile phone.

I just disconnected from my home wireless network, the phone went back to a real and proper mobile connection, and there was my yahoo mail in imap working wonderfully again......

By the way, the HTC Desire is something to behold

blashandroid

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yep, same here. As soon as I disabled Wifi, the mail client could successfully pull in both of my Yahoo account emails. I don't see how this could be a limitation or bug from the Yahoo side considering there is a working IMAP workaround to getting Yahoo mail on an Android device. It has to be an HTC or Android thing (I have an Eris). In any event, I hope it's not planned that way to push more and more users away from a competitive email offering towards the Google Android (Gmail) way. I'm spending far too much time reminiscing about my beloved BB 8330 and how well everything worked (Yahoo, GPS, etc.).

couruptedcody

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC thunderbolt and my gmail works fine but once I try to use my main email that's AOL it tells me login error and to verify username and password and it just irritated the heck out of me. Android has gotta get this fixed pronto because I don't have a laptop at the moment and I use my email for schooling and without it I'm screwed! Help!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyblack