Yay another rumored release date from a "reputable" source

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
HTC ThunderBolt 10/24 Pattern Tipped for Release Date | Android Community

I don't even know who to believe anymore. I think the best answer would be nobody.

"First of all, this Verizon representative..."

Nope. Here's why:

1)
They have been all over the map. Here's a sampling of various Droid phones with press releases, and availability. My guess with the TB is it will be available the day after they announce.

phonereleases.jpg
Note the lack of any resemblance of a pattern

2) Verizon Representatives have strung us on for... ever. So there's that.

3) The 10/24 pattern breaks apart right after the Xoom, and that's apparently the entire basis of evidence.

4) Nope.

I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking the author of this article. I've heard of flimsy evidence, but this takes it to a new level.

riksin808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
She would not give a specific date beyond the month, but made it clear that JR should “look at the pattern of device releases” and he might be clued in on when the device would be launched. What JR took from this last statement, and we agree, is that he ought to look at the big release dates on recent and soon-to-be-released devices carried by Verizon.
First there was the iPhone 4 on February 10.
Then there was the Motorola XOOM on February 24.
Next up is iPad 2 on March 11.
Then here’s the kicker: HTC ThunderBolt on March 24.
Sound reasonable to you? Sounds reasonable to us. We’re going to go ahead and guess that this device is going to be a gigantically successful one just based on how much attention it’s garnered here for daily views and comments in the multiple release date rumor posts we’ve dug up – then there’s the ads.

see they are just guessing they do not have any type of evidence to back it up, thus this is most likely just a theory
they just think it will come out on the 24th
. but im just seeing that this information is shown without any real type of evidence.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
lol it's from a reader who knows a friend of the family who works at verizon.

That's what I was going to say. The article starts this way; "We’ve received a tip from a fellow by the name of JR who has apparently recently had a chat with a friend of the family who works at corporate for Verizon."

So they heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you been messin' around. :cool:

^^^^ remember the REO Speedwagon song?

Last edited:

NY Reco

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The pattern is imaginary and he even tweaked it so that it "fit". Jamming a square peg into a round hole doesn't mean it fits. I read this yesterday and I couldn't help but laugh.

Target#AC

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll put it up on the board next to every other release date we've heard and my idea that maybe if BB gets tired of Verizon playing games, Santa Claus will be given the exclusive of bringing this come Christmas

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
They say you got a boy friend
You're out late every weekend
They're talkin' about you and it's bringin' me down

But I know the neighborhood And talk is cheap when the story is good
And the tales grow taller on down the line

Applies to the Thunderbolt release dates too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid