Yet another adoptable storage question

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have my fast microsd card formatted for internal use.
I am almost out of memory on the phone itself and to install any new apps I have to manually move apps (that will allow me to) to the sd card.
The phone reads it as internal storage, but I thought the whole purpose was that it would install apps on the card first before filling up the phone? Is this a carrier thing with Big Red giving me the finger?

On my computer it doesn't read the sd card as internal storage, so I am left with 300 mb of 32gb of internal storage, even though the phone sees the 64gb card.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have searched and read almost every post in the past 12 hours.

I have almost 10 gb tied up in music and movies, so perhaps changing the sd card to the old way would be the better of the two options?

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have my fast microsd card formatted for internal use.
I am almost out of memory on the phone itself and to install any new apps I have to manually move apps (that will allow me to) to the sd card.
The phone reads it as internal storage, but I thought the whole purpose was that it would install apps on the card first before filling up the phone? Is this a carrier thing with Big Red giving me the finger?

On my computer it doesn't read the sd card as internal storage, so I am left with 300 mb of 32gb of internal storage, even though the phone sees the 64gb card.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have searched and read almost every post in the past 12 hours.

I have almost 10 gb tied up in music and movies, so perhaps changing the sd card to the old way would be the better of the two options?
b641ccc317b7ecd8b6b09a4557d83d1f.jpg

I haven't had to manually move any files on mine. I'm not sure what's going on with yours. Sorry.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Card is class 10 but uhs? 1 so I need to get a 3. Worked once. Then came up with the message but figured it out. Thanks for responding though!

sethu5567

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. Card is class 10 but uhs? 1 so I need to get a 3. Worked once. Then came up with the message but figured it out. Thanks for responding though!

i bought SanDisk 128GB but UHS 1. when i mounted it says not compatible its too slow, try UHS3, bla bla. but i dont know which sd card i have to use.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i bought SanDisk 128GB but UHS 1. when i mounted it says not compatible its too slow, try UHS3, bla bla. but i dont know which sd card i have to use.

UHS 1 is fine but it's telling you to try UHS1 but U3.... See attached and you can see the 3 inside the u. I ended up purchasing the Samsung one.
Still on the fence about how I want to use it. I have way to many mircosd, SD and CF cards in my house.

Attachments

• 23773.jpg
    23773.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 26

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly