You can talk and use 3G data at the same time!?

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Found this video on YouTube, he places a phone call n does a speed test while on 3G, I had no idea you could do this on 3G!?o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkxBsVOy2Z4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Reactions: delthor7

Rydah805

The Rapper
May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Seen this in Phil's ask me anything thread. Quite nice.

Sent From My Half Dead HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Virgin Mobile?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sprint's 3G network has always been capable of doing this; but they feared the network would be overloaded so all of their phones disabled the simultaneous function.

Reactions: delthor7

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Sprint's 3G network has always been capable of doing this; but they feared the network would be overloaded so all of their phones disabled the simultaneous function.
CDMA does have the capability, but in this case it's not the network, it's the phone. The EVO has separate radios for data and voice, just like the HTC Rezound and Thunderbolt.

Reactions: david279

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I remember the first time I discovered this limitation. I was at a laundromat and trying to switch car insurance carriers. I had to walk around and find a random open WiFi signal to look up my bank account number while I was on the phone with the agent.

Then I never ended up going with them, and I have the same car insurance I've had since I've been able to drive.

In retrospect, finding a random access point to look up my bank account number seems like a pretty terrible idea. Fortunately, it was like 3 years ago, and I don't have that bank account anymore.

bigmike09890

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow. This phone just keeps getting g better and better. I always missed that functionality when I switched from my at&t iPhone to my sprint evo. I wish the lte was ready but I very rarely use the 4g wimac now as it is.