Your Top 5 Android Applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSF-BayArea

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
My 'Most Used 5'

Subsonic - Android and Web access to all your music. Easy to share with others and also alows up/download of music from/to Android, iPhone and web.

Drop Box - Best way to snyc up large files/pictures with just about anyone

Google Voice - Add a second number with total control and text too

MuniAlerts - No more waiting for a train or bus. Alerts and favorites as well.

Racing Live - The only game I've kept on my Android phone for longer than a few weeks, easy to switch to a new phone without losing your progress.

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
My top 5 (in no particular order) are:

Facebook - Gotta keep in touch with my peeps.

Pandora - Can hook it up in my car with the audio jack *thumbs up*

Lookout Anti-Virus - Better safe than sorry

Animated Weather for Android - Weather forecast application. The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world.

Animated Weather Android - Best Weather Widget App for Android Phones

Video:
YouTube - Animated Weather Forecast App For Android Free Realistic Weather Forecast on Your Android.avi

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Many of you like Handcent. Does anyone have a problem with it (like me) where the envelop icon (showing that you received new text) is always on (permanently, as though you have new text, but you really don't)? The other issue is that it needs of apps2SD. That's why I'm shying away from this app.

My current top 5:
1. Shazam
2. Google Nav
3. Advance App Killer
4. Angry Birds
5. Beautiful Widgets

Last edited:

drjjd3

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I switched from DateBk on the iQue 3600 about two months ago. I'm also very anxious to get the Android version. About a month ago Pimlical told me he has an alpha version he's using. I haven't found an Android calendar that comes close to DateBk. However I must say that getting 12-year's worth of data from DateBk into the purchased version of Pimlical and then into Google calendar and from there into my HTC Evo made me very happy.

Certainly the Android version will be my top app.

Try the beta of Pocket Informant. It is much better that the Palm version was. I was addicted to Datebk also, but I can no longer wait for the Android(or WebOS) version. It's free, so give it a try!

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Been shying away from rooting my DX until recently. Just too many programs loading up when I boot, so I rooted using z4Root. z4Root made it so easy, not flawless, but that's another story for another thread. Anyway, here's my new favorite 5:

1. Titanium Backup - Backup is exceptional, but freezing apps makes this worth rooting.

2. Droid X/2 Overclock - So much more than just overclocking, if you're rooted, got to take a look at the extras.

3. JustPictures - You got photos, then you need this app.

4. Smart Shortcuts - Sort of like nesting folders, but way better and cleaner.

5. Here's where it gets hard. There are many more apps that I use daily and to put one here without putting the others in perspective would be a disservice to all the apps I use not on this list. So I'm reserving number 5 for all of those apps I use. Cheating I know, but my list is only 5 items, so I'm still within the rules.

Ok, I sucked out on the last one, but come on, you know what I mean.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
No particular order:

1) Score Mobile
2) K9 Mail
3) Drop Box
4) Audio Buddy
5) Google Voice
6) Jewels (Had to throw 1 game in!)

Status
Not open for further replies.