Youtube app (mobile) how to remove the casting button

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Is there a way on youtube for mobile to remove or disable the casting button. My tv is smart so i am not using chromecast. It is very annoying when i try to press search and accidentally cast to my tv while my friends are watching something else.

Remco Land

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same issue only then with my parents watching TV and me trying to watch a video and accidentally hitting the cast button. Anyone has a solution for it? I do have a rooted phone if needed.

Toto Ze

Mar 3, 2019
Visit site
Same issue for me it’s absolutely awful I cannot take this anymore just remove the damn button or ask for confirmation. And the little connecting to tv button with the little cancel text on it that disappears 3seconds after the hit while im almost dropping my phone from stress is insane I hate this button I Hate it . Even when I close the phone even when I turn off the app and delete it from the background it keeps on streaming no matter what it's awful And everyone is starting to get mad and yell and ambarrasing videos starting to play I just hate the button this is tramatic times. STOP THE CAST BUTTON TERROR LIVE FREE.