Youtube update apk?

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has the apk for the new YouTube update that isn't supported by our phones for some reason. I have heard the argument that our screen resolution is the reason but I call BS because using YouTube in the browser (full site not mobile), switching between 720p and 480p is a very noticeable difference. I want HD viewing in the app because as it sits now the "HQ" has been bad enough that I never use the app and have to fumble through the browser for good quality viewing.

uncleanbeast

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Tubemate to watch 720p HTML all the time and there is definitely a huge difference. People saying it wont make a difference dont know what the hell they are talking about.

Reactions: chuckz28

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It still says HQ and not HD.

What video are you trying to watch?

Here is mine phone playing the avengers hd trailer

SC20120306-083045.png

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the apk. I tried tube mate and I couldn't even get a single video to play. All gave me some error message. Even with this apk I'm not seeing an HD option or any settings to change quality other than the HQ or non HQ option. It was at least worth a try.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I deleted tubemate, re-installed it and it works great now. I think I will probably end up just using it for the majority of my viewing now. Only thing that has me concerned is signing in with my youtube credentials. Seems like a shady app so for now I have avoided signing in.

scottmc129

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
the Market pushed the update to my phone today and when i clicked on it, it said unsupported device. i backed out and clicked update and allowed me to update. odd but give it a try if you get the update pushed to your phone. i found it in "my apps" in the market(play) whatever its called now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huangsenyuan