Z3 Gorilla Glass 3

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So the new Z3 is not unbreakable like its predecessors. My Z Force Droid is still like new and runs great so I'll probably pass on the Z3.

I moved to Motorola from Samsung because of the unbreakable screen (Droid Turbo 2) but without that offering and the fact that I own a Samsung Galaxy Book my next phone may be a Samsung again.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla Glass 3 on the Z3. More scratch resistance than higher numbers, but less drop protection.
Makes sense since the achieve the shatter resistance through coatings which can scratch.

Honestly, I'm very happy with the visual appearance of my Z Force Droid vzw and glass screen protector and I've dropped it on concrete a number of times without damage to the screen.

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense since the achieve the shatter resistance through coatings which can scratch.

Honestly, I'm very happy with the visual appearance of my Z Force Droid vzw and glass screen protector and I've dropped it on concrete a number of times without damage to the screen.
With the number of people using phones with cracked glass, it seems that unbreakable glass would be a huge selling point. I guess many people want form over function.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have both the first gen Moto Z Force and the second gen Moto Z2 Play.

With ShatterShield, you MUST have a screen protector on it for day to day use.

Kinda glad the Z3 doesn't have it. And since I'm used to throwing on a screen protector, I don't mind Gorilla Glass 3.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have both the first gen Moto Z Force and the second gen Moto Z2 Play.

With ShatterShield, you MUST have a screen protector on it for day to day use.

Kinda glad the Z3 doesn't have it. And since I'm used to throwing on a screen protector, I don't mind Gorilla Glass 3.

What do you think - What's the likelihood of having the 3rd gen force ? I hope they make it better and with bigger battery.