Finally ordered extended battery!!

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I finally ordered the HTC Verizon branded extended battery after over a year of being on the stock battery. Got the OEM HTC extended with door, Siedio Active Extended and 6 screen protectors on Amazon for $49 shipped. The battery is on sale through a distributor for $16 and it took me days to determine that it is actually the HTC branded battery as I wouldn't buy anything else. I figured, since I have a launch day TBOLT and use my phone fairly heavily, I need the battery. The stock battery is lasting me maybe 2 hours at best now before it hits the 10% remaining status and after that, boom it's gone.

People are selling their Tbolts for $100 used in my local area and I almost considered getting another one but no need, mine has been running like a champ forever. Rooted on GB3D and love it. Can't wait to see what this winter brings for new technology.

I will post up my thoughts on my recent Tbolt upgrade once everything arrives.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I switched to the Rezound battery a little while back but before that I used the extended battery only. Other than adding a little bulk, it's awesome! Good luck.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
is the rezound battery as good as the extended?

No, the standard Rezound battery is 1620mAh, just a bit more than the standard Thunderbolt 1400mAh battery. That little extra, with light to moderate use, is enough to get many of us through a full day (and maintain the sleeker look, no hump as it works with the standard battery door). The extended battery at 2750mAh is still the best for heavy use or longer duration off a charge.

jaebberwock

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Does it creak? I loved the extra battery life with the extended but every time I grip the sides it would creak. Drove me nuts. I just went back to my crappy battery. Wish I would have gotten the Rezound battery instead. Well, my S3 arrives on Wednesday so that is that.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Does it creak? I loved the extra battery life with the extended but every time I grip the sides it would creak. Drove me nuts. I just went back to my crappy battery. Wish I would have gotten the Rezound battery instead. Well, my S3 arrives on Wednesday so that is that.

When I had mine it did the same thing! Very annoying... Worked well with the seidio active extended but without a case it was a pain.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The creak happens a lot on the htc thunderbolt. One thing you can do is to stuff electrical tape near the creaking points between the back of the phone and the battery cover. It helps. You might need to put it in multiple places and it is kind of trial and error, but it should help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss