1/2 Price on 1400 mAh battery & external/wall chargers from Verizon CS

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon customer service and let them know that you are not satisfied with your Thunderbolt's battery life. They will sell you at half price with free shipping:

- Spare standard battery for $20
- Dinky Moto 840ish mAh external battery for $20 instead of the normally outrageous $40
- iGo 1800 mAh wall charger/external battery for $25 instead of $50.
- There may be one other item, can't remember, but the 2750 mAh extended life battery is NOT included

This promotion seems to only be available through customer service. They list it as starting on May 4th or 5th with no end date yet. Not all customer reps will know about it but they can find it if they search. Their write-up lists it as related to achieving a better 4G phone experience.

They credited $20 to my account on the spare battery that I purchased at 25% off on the first day so I got that battery for $10. But I don't think they'll do that for everyone.

I think this is the iGo unit, which doesn't appear on the the Verizon website. The stores can find it in their system, but they don't show any stock in their warehouses.

"iGo" Charge Anywhere at iGo, Inc.

Thanks, Robrecht

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Got my iGo wall charger with integrated 1800 mAh battery from Verizon CS today. It's packaged in a Verizon box but is the same as the iGo unit I linked to above. Pretty nice accessory for $25. The Verizon store I was at on Saturday did not show any in stock in their warehouse network and said that CS therefore would also be out of stock, but apparently CS has their own supply.

Thanks, Robrecht

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about the other 2 products you listed, but I checked out the standard 1400 mah on verizon's site and it say $39.99 but if you put it in your cart it says $19.99 and that this item has a new discount, so no need to call CS if you just want another standard 1400 mah, just use the website.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about the other 2 products you listed, but I checked out the standard 1400 mah on verizon's site and it say $39.99 but if you put it in your cart it says $19.99 and that this item has a new discount, so no need to call CS if you just want another standard 1400 mah, just use the website.
Great. The 800 mAh Moto P793 Universal Portable Power Pack does not appear to be discounted. It's still an outrageous $40 in the shopping cart. I still do not see the 1800 mAh iGo wall charger with integrated battery on the website.

Thanks, Robrecht

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Got my iGo wall charger with integrated 1800 mAh battery from Verizon CS today. It's packaged in a Verizon box but is the same as the iGo unit I linked to above. Pretty nice accessory for $25.
They're sending me another one of these iGo charger/batteries and I'm sending the one I got back. Used it twice and the integrated 1800 mAh battery only charges the phone to about 75% (from around 7%). Hopefully the next one will perform to specs.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
They're sending me another one of these iGo charger/batteries and I'm sending the one I got back. Used it twice and the integrated 1800 mAh battery only charges the phone to about 75% (from around 7%). Hopefully the next one will perform to specs.
Verizon sent me another one of these iGo wall chargers with integrated 1800 mAh battery, but it performed no better than the first one. When using the fully charged wall-charger as an external battery to recharge a completely drained ThunderBolt 1400 mAh battery, it will only bring it back to about 65% of a charge. That's about 900 mAh of usable external battery power.

I called iGo customer service and the kid there said that's about what he gets on his unit as well. They attribute this to inefficiencies of whatever system you are using, eg, my iGo was connected to an external USB wall charger which held my ThunderBolt battery. That's about 50% inefficiency! Personally, I think that's a ridiculous explanation, but I only had 1 year and 2 days of electrical engineering in college so what do I know? Personally, I think it's more likely that they greatly exaggerate the stated 1800 mAh capacity of the integrated battery and that their batteries may be prone to discharge.

Obviously, this iGo charger is not worth the full retail price of $40 at iGo or $50 at Verizon. I don't even think it's worth the $25 discounted Verizon CS price.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Cs gave me the extended for 50% off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Good for you Xxw.

BTW, if anyone else wants to take advantage of the promotion described in the OP, you have until May 31st. Could be extended after that, but not necessarily.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Good for you Xxw.

BTW, if anyone else wants to take advantage of the promotion described in the OP, you have until May 31st. Could be extended after that, but not necessarily.
I have not verified this personally, but someone on another forum says they were told by a CS person that there was a another special deal for a standard battery for $10. Again, I do not know this to be true, but if you're looking for a spare battery, it's worth a call. Report back if it's true. And here's another reminder that this $20 offer ends on May 31st, 'though it could be extended.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89