bamf cubed: change phone icon?

SoldierofCatan

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just rooted my thunderbolt and I'm running bamf forever cubed 1.0.9

This is a sweet rom. The only thing I don't care for is the phone button on the rosie. How do I change it? I really like the status icons at the top of the screen so I don't want to apply a theme that would change them.

I apologize if this has been covered before. My searches haven't turned anything up, so I thought I would just ask.;)

SoldierofCatan

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like I've got another problem. I decided to flash Bamf Forever 1.0.9 because I really couldn't stand the terrible phone icon on cubed. Now I've got a crazy basterdized rom going on here. I have the BF phone icon and a combination of BF and BF^3 status/notification bar and bamf^3 pull down menu.

I made 100 percent sure I wiped/factory reset. I actually did it before and after flashing standard Bamf Forever. Everything seems to be running fine but I'm sure I'm going to run into issues down the road.

I can post a screenshot if needed.

What did I do wrong?
Should I worry about trying to fix this if everything seems to be running?

Lyle Ferguson

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like I've got another problem. I decided to flash Bamf Forever 1.0.9 because I really couldn't stand the terrible phone icon on cubed. Now I've got a crazy basterdized rom going on here. I have the BF phone icon and a combination of BF and BF^3 status/notification bar and bamf^3 pull down menu.

I made 100 percent sure I wiped/factory reset. I actually did it before and after flashing standard Bamf Forever. Everything seems to be running fine but I'm sure I'm going to run into issues down the road.

I can post a screenshot if needed.

What did I do wrong?
Should I worry about trying to fix this if everything seems to be running?

Did you flash Forever 1.0.8 first? 1.0.9 is a patch that is applied over 1.0.8. Hope that helps!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Just rooted my thunderbolt and I'm running bamf forever cubed 1.0.9

This is a sweet rom. The only thing I don't care for is the phone button on the rosie. How do I change it? I really like the status icons at the top of the screen so I don't want to apply a theme that would change them.

I apologize if this has been covered before. My searches haven't turned anything up, so I thought I would just ask.;)

I actually wanted to do the same thing...so I modified the Rosie myself. I don't have access to the files here at work, but if you PM me, I'll be happy to send you the one I used later this evening when I get home...

screenshot-1321367692137.png

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My favorite rosie bar is the transparent one from bamf 1.0.7 but I love the notifier bar icons in cubed. My guess is even if I could somehow flash the transparent bamf rosie I'd lose the cool cubed icons.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
My favorite rosie bar is the transparent one from bamf 1.0.7 but I love the notifier bar icons in cubed. My guess is even if I could somehow flash the transparent bamf rosie I'd lose the cool cubed icons.

Yeah. All of that is is in the Rosie.apk that's part of the ROM. It is possible to modify it, but if you were to just simply flash the rosie from the non-cubed Forever version, you'd lose a lot of the theming that comes with the Cubed version (including those icons)...although it probably wouldn't "break" anything.