CM9 WILL be coming officially to the thunderbolt

thedio

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I gave up when it never got CM7 support. Drop the $600 and get a Galaxy Nexus. You'll be much happier.

I'll look into my piggy bank for $600 and order one as soon as possible.....Anyway, what does "Will not pass go. Will not collect $200" mean?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

motoroid7

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to this as well. I'm also using my thunderbolt that had a crack from when it fell. Wish I had $600 laying around, if I did it would be going to rent. :/ lol

Sent from my rooted HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I gave up when it never got CM7 support. Drop the $600 and get a Galaxy Nexus. You'll be much happier.
I tried the Gnex on release and went running back to my Thunderbolt. The screen looks horrible when dimmed. Not to mention how hot it gets because of that screen. Then there's the garbage speaker.

This is great news!

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am loving my tbolt right now with the thundershed cm7 ics themed rom :) from what I've heard, the gnex is not a worthwhile upgrade, so I will be waiting for cm9

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

The thunderbolt while it never got an official CM7, but it has had completely stable builds on XDA since like last September, most of the time I'm running CM7.2

I am looking forward to CM9 builds the bolt is a great phone and honestly I prefer it to the nexus, the tbolt gets a much strong signal and faster speeds. I'm waiting till November, maybe the jelly bean nexus

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My ex-wife and her husband have the NEXUS and they love them. I have heard many more horror stories on the NEXUS...that makes me NOT want to rush and upgrade from my TBolt. I can't upgrade until December, so I know there will be new phones out there that will make the NEXUS users drool with envy....maybe a QUAD and a Retina display.

studiorat

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
what's with the BS about CM9 coming to tbolt most of us tbolt owners are plenty upset at the fact we got no love from cm7 and my plan is expired in less than a month so wtf is the point of blowing the smoke up our collective asses about cm9??? I for one will never install cm on any device, because this phone is a pile of Dung, its slow as molasses and gets terrible 4G reception and i am in New York City, I spent the last year wishing my 4G phone would actually get 4G and android 4.0 and they are both coming but far too late...in my opinion

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Running CM9 on my Galaxy Tab, it's very nice. I'd definitely consider running on my TBolt if they got everything working (inc Mobile Hotspot), but if I'm being honest, I really do not mind Sense.

Subliminal

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my new nexus right now and its going back.screen is awesome specs are awesome ics is awesome roms are awesome reception is frigging terrible. What's the point in having the coolest phone on Verizon if it can't even connect to data.

I miss my thunderbolt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ctyd27

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
what's with the BS about CM9 coming to tbolt most of us tbolt owners are plenty upset at the fact we got no love from cm7 and my plan is expired in less than a month so wtf is the point of blowing the smoke up our collective asses about cm9??? I for one will never install cm on any device, because this phone is a pile of Dung, its slow as molasses and gets terrible 4G reception and i am in New York City, I spent the last year wishing my 4G phone would actually get 4G and android 4.0 and they are both coming but far too late...in my opinion
I'm running CM 7.1.1 on my Tbolt very nicely. It's an easy update from ROM Manager. It's not an official build, but still works much better than the stock Verizon crap. The only problem is the battery life is still lousy.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I heard we would have to install a new hboot before full ics works. I'm not keen on that idea. Hope it isnt true.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I read in another forum that it had changed in other phones as part of gingerbread to ics update in rezound. I think it was in bamf forums and android forums.