Before I root question

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
As I am seeing across all of the forums, there are a lot of "new to" android users and I am one of them. Best phone decision I have ever made...switched from Blackberry Storm 1. Go ahead, laugh. Ok now that's out of the way I have a few small quesitons before I root manually.

1. Will rooting erase all of my pictures and video I have saved on the phone?

2. I understand that rooting will erase downloaded apps. How can I avoid that?

3. I have made it pretty far in Angry Birds and don't want to lose that progress. How do I make sure that the game itself doesn't get deleted and also the progress?

I really want to root for the tethering and to remove the bloatware. Other than that I am happy with HTC Sense and the current screens/widgets/setup I have. Any help is deeply appreciated. Thank You.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
1. Will rooting erase all of my pictures and video I have saved on the phone?

2. I understand that rooting will erase downloaded apps. How can I avoid that?

3. I have made it pretty far in Angry Birds and don't want to lose that progress. How do I make sure that the game itself doesn't get deleted and also the progress?

1. Yes, but ONLY if they're saved to your phone. Anything saved to the SD Card is safe. That means if you can take your SD Card out of the phone, and put it into the computer, anything you see contained there is ok, and will not be lost.

2. I believe there are some apps that let you save the app itself to an external source (SD Card), but I am not 100% sure about that. Other than that I'm pretty sure it's unavoidable.
HOWEVER; I don't know how this happened, or when/why it works, but I've seen my phone tell me something like "Downloaded 33 apps from a previous time." or something like that But since the last wipe I did, I haven't seen it and have just started downloading them all again. I would think it remembers by your gmail account name. Main thing I'm trying to say is that you may get lucky, but I wouldn't rely on it.

3. Can't answer this one, sorry. Don't like the game and don't have it. :)

j joy j#AC

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe it does remember from your gmail account. I had an Inc for my work phone and ended up giving that to my son and just using my BB instead of carrying around 2 phones. I recently upgraded my BB to the TB and when I added my gmail the app store had all my apps ready to install from when I used the Inc, YAY!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty