App Icons still visable after moving?

Mr_Jibmiester

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys.
Just rooted my TB and moved a bunch of bloatware to my SD card via the method in the sticky. While most of the apps disappeared from the All Apps screen, a few stuck around (i.e. kindle, slacker, rhapsody and that damn blockbuster app) I moved all of the apps in one move so I'm not sure why some of them are sticking around. Any ideas are appreciated as to whats up with this. Thanks!

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Double check your market. If you've updated those apps or they are showing in your apps section of the market, removing the .apk from system/app won't get rid of them. Uninstall from the market. If they are still there double check the system/app folder to be sure they are gone. Also look in data/app.

superskaterxes

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
im having this problem with VVM. but when i click ont he icon it brings me to SMS messages. ive deleted all things relating to VVM but no dice.

TeckSupport05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
IDK if its recommended, but I just went to the root of the devices internal memory in Root Explorer, did a search for Blackbuster, and moved EVERYTHING that had to do with it to the SD cards bloatware folder. Worked for me (Just Blockbuster, becasuse i DOUBT that would've harmed the phone)

Mr_Jibmiester

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I had originally tried to reboot my phone by just doing a restart and that did not get the apps to go away. But what DID work is to totally power down, and then turn back on the phone. So thanks for the input!

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
im having this problem with VVM. but when i click ont he icon it brings me to SMS messages. ive deleted all things relating to VVM but no dice.

I'm pretty sure this is built in to sense uI itself so deleting this app may cause problems. I could be wrong though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac