Problems changing downanimation.zip

ltredbeard

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've been playing with new boot and shut down animations, but I haven't been able to successfully change the downanimation.zip. I've been able to change the VZW_bootanimation.zip to 4 or 5 different animations, and even was able to successfully change the boot animation to an animation I was unsuccessful at using for my down animation. (All I did was change the folders name from downanimation.zip to VZW_bootanimation.zip.)

With that said I've spent countless hours over the last week searching the forums of many different sites, but I haven't found a method that worked. This link describes the exact situation I encounter, but the solution didn't work.[RES] SHUTDOWN ANIMATION (downanimation.zip) for SENSE based rom - xda-developers

I've even downloaded pre-zipped files and used adb to push them with no luck. Here is one of the adb sequences I've used ( I've tried a few different ways to push, copy or move the file):

adb shell
su
/system/bin/chmod 777 /sdcard/new.apps (new.apps is where I put the file on my sd card)
mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
/system/xbin/busybox mv /sdcard/new.apps/downanimation.zip /system/customize/resource/downanimation.zip

I know this shouldn't be that hard, but I must be missing a step. Has anyone successfully replaced the downanimation.zip file?

Additional details:
1. I'm rooted
2. I replaced the boot animation quite easily
3. I zipped the file using 7-Zip as store only
4. The adb command moves the file and I can see it when I do an ls search of the folder

dcmbullet

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a down animation that's great if you want it (i explain it in the OP of my thread at XDA) if you want it let me know on XDA.

the thread is [Q] closest thing to gingerbread screen off animation on TB - xda-developers

Just a brief description on how to change your down animation:

Get a root explorer
Go to system/media
Paste new down animation in this folder
Done

I always recommend copying the original down animation in case you don't like the new one
just an FYI i pulled my down animation from a ROM I flashed ( i would give credit if i remembered which one...i do a lot of flashing) so it was already made up.

also for boot animations and general customization I found a place called uot kitchen which is THE BOMB!! it lets you customize a lot of little things in the phone to make it your own. UOT is mentioned in XDA as well

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo