ok quick check list for install of bamf!

hurang

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok sorry I just need to make sure I run through this before I embark. Will be starting with a fresh root.
-First install the radio here Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
-download and install remix found here Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
-Just to be sure I dont have to install the base first right? the base is just the unthemed version of bamf remix? thanks in advance!

Yup you're good to go. Just install the ~220MB remix zip, no need for base.

Make a back up of your current rom thou... Just in case...
Also clear all data and both caches in CWR.

hurang

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
ok, but I definately install the radio first? And for all the updates like "Quick Office Fix" and "Browser fix" found on the bamf 1.5 thread, you just install those after?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
ok, but I definately install the radio first? And for all the updates like "Quick Office Fix" and "Browser fix" found on the bamf 1.5 thread, you just install those after?

Correct on both accounts. But I believe you can install the radio after too. I've seen reports from some people that they did it this way and it worked fine. I did the radio first just becasue that made sense. MAKE sure you delete the radio pg05 file after installing it becasue if you ever need to go to hboot it will cause issues until you delete it.

The "fixes" need to be flashed after you install bamf.

Reactions: indians0156

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Backup your apps with Titanium or Mybackup Pro, and follow Cyber Warrior's guide on making a nandroid backup before you start

hurang

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
if i dont have titanium already then it wont be useful until after I already root, install a rom, download my apps, then create a back up of it right?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
if i dont have titanium already then it wont be useful until after I already root, install a rom, download my apps, then create a back up of it right?

Use titanium (or my backup root/pro) before installing any ROM. That way when you install that rom you redownload titanium and restore all your apps + their data.

Reactions: nate44

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Titanium should be used mainly to backup your apps, and then restore them after you're done flashing the rom. If you backup your entire system and restore to a new rom it can cause problems.

Then you'll need to make a backup of your current rom before you flash in case anything goes wrong. This is called a nandroid backup, and you do this in recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty