n00b question on governor settings

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Running BAMF 1.63 remix and loving it so far. Looking for suggestions on best way to maximize battery life when running the GPS. I use Endomondo when out on bike rides to live post my progress. The app itself has a battery saver mode which doesn't poll the GPS as often, but the resulting map of the route isn't as accurate. I did a 4 hour ride last weekend with the regular mode of the app and had about 40% battery left after the ride. I bump charged before starting the ride.

My question is what options can I use in the CPU settings to tweak this even more? Currently set to the defaults of 245/1.037 with ondemand governor. I have an 8 hour ride coming up in a couple weeks and would like to be able to leave it in the more accurate mode.

Thanks for any suggestions!

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You could try looking at flashing a much more subtle kernel. I dont know what kernel you currently use. Or you could also try setting the max to a lower number and the minimum at its lowest while you are on your bike ride. After the ride you can set it back to normal.

You do this by going into set cpu and set the max lower and if the min is at its lowest you can leave it. Select ondemand for the scaling. Then check the "set on boot" and the reboot. This take effect and not stop until you change it.

I also have profiled so if the screen is off it will only run at 768 max and 245 min. Since the screen is off i will not be doing much multitasking.This is based off of what someone told me i did it and seems to last me longer. Hope this works. Of course you should try a test run for an hour or 2 one without any changes starting from 100 and the another test with modifications starting from fully charged.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I also dont know if you use weather or any other apps that sync. If you do shut them off during your ride since im sure you wont need to read tweets or facebook posts while your on the ride. Of course i am assuming you wont need to.