Safest way to root the Thunderbolt?

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Cut one third off the bottom of the phone and place the larger part of the phone in a glass with a half inch mixture of water and root hormone, wait about 3-5 weeks then plant in soil.

Reactions: IronRainier

IronRainier

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
2nd for the auto root being easy. Even I (who has been an avid user of Blackberries for over 5/6 years) was able to figure it out. However, there is plenty about ADB and rooting that I don't understand.

Just so you know - if the question is for the safest method to root - I don't think you should root. I think Phil wrote a great article about this a couple of months back. But if you are willing to take the risk of bricking your phone - auto root is easy (and I didn't brick my phone using it).

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I had my Samsung Fascinate rooted after I could not stand the pain of the delay in Froyo update. This time round, I am not going to root my Thunderbolt. At this moment, i don't see any real reason to do so .... whatever I don't have on my stock phone, I can live with it. For my personal needs and purposes, TB is doing great, apart from occasional hiccup ... well, no phone can be perfect.

If you really really want to root, go ahead and do it. Make sure you follow the instructions very carefully and if anything goes wrong you can either jump on here or on IRC, you will get plenty of help. (Not from me, I am a noob myself... but from other awesome members here who have helped a lot since I joined last year).

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The auto root will not work for me, it gets to where it says the serial number of your device should be listed and it never shows it. I've rebooted the pc, the phone, I've followed every direction, it will not work for me. I have rooted and Rom many phones now and this isn't working.

All I want is free tethering

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The auto root will not work for me, it gets to where it says the serial number of your device should be listed and it never shows it. I've rebooted the pc, the phone, I've followed every direction, it will not work for me. I have rooted and Rom many phones now and this isn't working.

All I want is free tethering

Free tethering is virtually gone now. Verizon has really cracked down on it. If ythat is your only reason for rooting, then there is no real reason for you to.

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I got the auto root to work I had to use a different pc to do it tho. Also I am using wireless tether now via a app and I'm getting 12mbps download. Used the das bamf 1.7 Rom

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Alright, after dealing with the itch for a while, I have decided to take the rooting plunge. And until the finished version of CM7 comes out I am thinking of going with bamf remix. I will sacrifice my love for skype video.
Since I am pretty much a noob, I am going with the one click method. But in case anything goes wrong, I would like to find quick advice online....on IRC. What I don't know is what channel I should be on. I haven't been on IRC since I rooted my Fascinate late last year. So, any suggestions regarding IRC?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Just so you know - if the question is for the safest method to root - I don't think you should root. I think Phil wrote a great article about this a couple of months back. But if you are willing to take the risk of bricking your phone - auto root is easy (and I didn't brick my phone using it).

actually it was JERRY who wrote it ;)

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Free tethering has really been the only reason why I have even considered rooting. Since it has been extended I guess I will hold off on rooting for now. Be prepared for many questions starting 7/7/2011:cool:

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I used to tether using Barnacle when I had Fascinate. I think I will go back to using it again after the free hotspot ends.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch