Do I Have Jellybean??

CChamp

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have an S3 with US Cellular. I always try to keep it updated. Last night I went to the "Check For Updates" button and it started downloading an update. I don't really notice anything different except now I have "Amazon MP3", "Amazon Mobile", "Audible for Android", "Flipboard", "Google Wallet" and some other Google apps installed as "System" apps. I checked the version number and it is 4.0.4. My question is, do I now have Jellybean or was it just a routine update to install new Google apps?

Is there a way to tell if and when you have or get Jellybean? Thanks in advance. CC

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
No, Jellybean will be 4.1.x from what I understand. If you want Jellybean that badly, root it. Otherwise keep it unrooted and wait like the rest of us. :) ....

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I thought Google wallet was only for jellybean.....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Nope! The only real requirement is your device needs an NFC chip. Software-wise there isn't a hard requirement but only Gingerbread and above have NFC capability.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. Thanks. So if my device was released with Froyo, I think, then I wouldn't have a chip?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Invader3K

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got an update this morning as well...4.0.4 apparently. Doesn't seem like it really changed anything on my device, at least noticeably.