Will the Merge work on VZW?

PHLAK

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently with VZW using the DInc and was considering getting a Merge becuase it seems so similar to the DInc but also has a keyboard. Then the Merge was announced as coming to Altell and is now available for pre-order. Knowing that Altell was acquired by VZW I was wondering if I would be able to purchase the Merge and use it with my existing VZW contract? Also, the contract is nearing it's end so I was also curious if I could get the reduced cost and renew my VZW contract?

I don't know how this whole VZW/Altell merge works, so any shred of knowledge in this case is greateful.

BoSoxSuperman

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Like I said on the Merge article page, my Alltel branded Blackberry died a few months back, and as I was saving my upgrade I just peeled a new one out of my insurance...sure enough they send me another Alltel Berry...makes me think buying on Blue and activating on Red is possible...

of course my friend who works for Verizon tech support doesn't think it will work and that I'd be wasting $400 to get it off contract only to discover it won't activate...so I'm not sure about the gamble.

I'm still praying Red announces it this or next week...

PHLAK

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I wont be buying it unless I'm ~99% sure it will work with VZW. Though being near the end of my contract, might consider just "switching" to Altell if the price is about the same (I asume it will be).

PHLAK

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm honestly not sure if there are any more Altell stores in my area. The three I knew about are all now VZW stores. :-/