Any Truth To The Rumors Flying About Unlimited Hot Spot?

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any Truth To The Rumors Flying About Unlimited Hot Spot??

I'm seeing it everywhere now. I called Verizon and they are denying it. Anyone have any information on this???

Verizon 4G LTE Unlimited Data Customers Will Have Separate $30 Unlimited Tethering Plan - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Yes!! It's true!! EXISTING Verizon 4G customers who had service (4G only) prior to July 7th have the option of adding a $30 unlimited data Mobile Hotspot feature to their existing $29.99 data plan. The $20, 2gig Mobile Hotspot option is no longer available to 4G customers. I just hung up the phone with Verizon. This is the info I was told. Needless to say, I signed up for the unlimited $30 mobile hotspot!!

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Yes!! It's true!! EXISTING Verizon 4G customers who had service (4G only) prior to July 7th have the option of adding a $30 unlimited data Mobile Hotspot feature to their existing $29.99 data plan. The $20, 2gig Mobile Hotspot option is no longer available to 4G customers. I just hung up the phone with Verizon. This is the info I was told. Needless to say, I signed up for the unlimited $30 mobile hotspot!!

Well I just talked to someone at Verizon C/S and they told me it has a 4 gb cap and its NOT unlimited.

Last edited:

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Nope sorry not unlimited here are the three plans for 4G service.

4GB cap $50 this $50 includes your mobile phones unlimited data plan so it would be $29.99 + $20.00 for the hotspot

7GB cap $70 total combined $29.99 + $40 for hotspot

12GB cap $100 total combined $29.99 + $70 for hotspot

There you have it nobody is getting unlimited hot spot no matter what you were told.

Last edited:

Zumaone

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

4GB cap $50 this $50 includes your mobile phones unlimited data plan so it would be $29.99 + $20.00 for the hotspot

There you have it nobody is getting unlimited hot spot no matter what you were told.
Actually it would appear this information in not correct.

I just tried to turn on Mobile Hotspot on my Charge and got a pop up message that this service is available for $30 addtional per month. There is no mention of a limit nor is + $30 on your list.

So it would appear that the intial reports of unlimited hotspot for $30/month are true. Atleast for those grandfathered on the $29.99 unlimited 4G data plans.

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, but you're wrong. You need to call Verizon again. Note: This info is not in your My Verizon account online. You have to call!!

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Sorry, but you're wrong. You need to call Verizon again. Note: This info is not in your My Verizon account online. You have to call!!

I did call TWICE and they said NO unlimited hot spot and gave me the pricing I posted.

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

You need to subscribe to Mobile Hotspot/Mobile Broadband Connect from Verizon Wireless in order to use this service. Requires an unlimited data plan/feature of $29.99 or higher.

*Subscribe for $30.00/month
*Decline

I've had $29.99 unlimited data for 3 years, and this is the pop up I get when I try to run mobile hotspot.

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I did call TWICE and they said NO unlimited hot spot and gave me the pricing I posted.

Here's where I called. 1-800-922-0204. Choose Option 4. At the voice prompt, tell them, "Upgrade Service". They connect you with a tech support person. Tell them you want the $30 Unlimited Data Mobile Hotspot plan added to your existing service. They will have to do some digging in their computer. It is part of a special promotion for customers who already had the 29.99 unlimited data plan on their 4G phone prior to July 7th.

If you did NOT already have the 29.99 unlimited data plan on your 4G phone prior to July 7th, you are out of luck. If you are a new customer, you are out of luck. 3G pricing and service is completely different. I am referring to a 4G plan for Verizon customers who already own a 4G phone.

Last edited:

radiusmax

May 29, 2010
Visit site

Here's where I called. 1-800-922-0204. Choose Option 4. At the voice prompt, tell them, "Upgrade Service". They connect you with a tech support person. Tell them you want the $30 Unlimited Data Mobile Hotspot plan added to your existing service. They will have to do some digging in their computer. It is part of a special promotion for customers who already had the 29.99 unlimited data plan on their 4G phone prior to July 7th.

If you did NOT already have the 29.99 unlimited data plan on your 4G phone prior to July 7th, you are out of luck. If you are a new customer, you are out of luck. 3G pricing and service is completely different. I am referring to a 4G plan for Verizon customers who already own a 4G phone.
I called in the first time to Verizon and all they quoted me for were the new mobile hotspot limited data plan rates.

I then called back and requested the $30.00 unlimited data mobile hotspot feature added to my plan. I told them it was a special promotion for customers on the $29.99 unlimited data plan with 4G. He found the $30.00 unlimited hotspot plan and told me it looked like it had expired on 7/6.

I told them since they had not advertised these new rates until today, how would I have known to add this service by yesterday. He said he would try to add the feature to my plan. It successfully added. I immediately checked my plan online and saw the "4G SMARTPHONE HOTSPOT" listed under additional features for my plan. This was not there before. On 7/6, it was listed as the Promo HotSpot feature and that disappeared on 7/7.

I can't seem to find how much I'm paying for this feature yet, but it looks like it is there. It should be the $30.00 as that is what he said it listed as.

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I called in the first time to Verizon and all they quoted me for were the new mobile hotspot limited data plan rates.

I then called back and requested the $30.00 unlimited data mobile hotspot feature added to my plan. I told them it was a special promotion for customers on the $29.99 unlimited data plan with 4G. He found the $30.00 unlimited hotspot plan and told me it looked like it had expired on 7/6.

I told them since they had not advertised these new rates until today, how would I have known to add this service by yesterday. He said he would try to add the feature to my plan. It successfully added. I immediately checked my plan online and saw the "4G SMARTPHONE HOTSPOT" listed under additional features for my plan. This was not there before. On 7/6, it was listed as the Promo HotSpot feature and that disappeared on 7/7.

I can't seem to find how much I'm paying for this feature yet, but it looks like it is there. It should be the $30.00 as that is what he said it listed as.

Congrats!!!! I'm glad to see that someone is finally able to do this besides just me. The person I spoke with at Verizon also had to do some digging to find it. She told me that it is a new plan that started today (7/7). However, it is only for those customers that had the $29.99 unlimited 4G data plan as of 7/6. This is a new plan people. Push the Verizon folks when you talk to them. It is in their system. They just need help finding it! ;-)

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I FINALLY GOT IT!! Ask for Hotspot plan code #76153 Holy schitz what a mess Verizon is. Its like you have to beat this deal out of them!

Reactions: junksecret

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Is this feature something I can add/drop on a month-to-month basis?

droidbio

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I just added it. The rep said.he just received info today.

He said there was no date available for ending the promo.

He said...Man.. I should have upgraded to 4G...this is unbelievable. We dont offer any other unlimited hotdpots!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

waterfrontmgmt

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

i, like everyone else here, think you are wrong. when i went to hit the hotspot today, i only got a $30 option. i watched a movie connected via the hotspot to my tablet and then cked my verizon on my phone widget, and it now shows 2 unlimed data plans. one for the phone and one for the hotspot, which only shows the data from the movie i am watching...

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I FINALLY GOT IT!! Ask for Hotspot plan code #76153 Holy schitz what a mess Verizon is. Its like you have to beat this deal out of them!

Congrats AndroidXTC!!! I'm glad you finnally got signed up. It's about time Verizon gave us something that is good AND cheap!

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the code! I called and the rep wanted to put me on hold and see what plans were "available" to me. I cut her off and said "I have the plan code", gave her the code and she said "Oh yes, that will be $30.00 for unlimited hotspot, would you like to add it?".

I said yes and when I hung up, voila, my hotspot is back on.

Joe

Zumaone

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Is this feature something I can add/drop on a month-to-month basis?
That's a great question, I was wondering the same thing. I would think as an add on feature, you should be able to add/drop whenever you want. I'll ask my friend who works for Verizon and see what he says.

Crunch140

May 23, 2011
Visit site

was able to get hooked up with unlimited hotspot without the code, just went to the local VOW store, and emphasized that i did not want to lose my unlimited data. The code certainly would have helped speed it up though.

waterfrontmgmt

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

does anybody know where on my verizon's web site you can see the details of the hotspot? i know i clicked the button on my driod that said $30, but i can't find it anywhere online on my account. surely it's there somewhere with how much data is included.

droidbio

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I dong think its on the website.
When I look at my plan it comes up but was not listed as an option.

As I said in my previous post, the verizon rep was practically reading the info to me.
Its only for 4G customers that previously had the free 4G hotspot.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk