Droid Charge Shows up as a CDRom

tdallenkk

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having a wonderful time rooting the Droid Charge however after applying CWM and rebooting my phone it shows up as a CDRom when in USB Debugging mode and I am unable to copy files to it. I am certain that I have done something wrong. Any assistance would be appreciated.

DroidChargeToTheRescue!

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having a wonderful time rooting the Droid Charge however after applying CWM and rebooting my phone it shows up as a CDRom when in USB Debugging mode and I am unable to copy files to it. I am certain that I have done something wrong. Any assistance would be appreciated.

DroidChargeToTheRescue!

You may try to reinstall the samsung drivers for the charge, I know they are found somewhere in the charge forums, sorry I can't get a direct link I'm about to be running out for the night. good luck!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
It depends on what method you used for rooting. There are a few threads over on XDA that may help you, it involves flashing an sdcard fix package through CWM.

I already flashed the fix before I installed PBJ kernel, so the sdcard fix isn't the answer. Actually, I don't consider the computer recognising the device as a cd drive before enabling mass storage as a problem xD Is there any use in connecting the device as a smartphone vs mass storage?