The "Just picked Up My New Droid Charge" Thread

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Just picked mine up from Best Buy. They wouldn't activate it for me, but tossed a SIM card into the box and when I got home I logged into my Verizon Wireless account and activated it online with no problem at all. myNewDroidCharge.jpg - 4shared.com - photo sharing - download image

I had to call a couple best buys before I found one that would sell it to me. Even then, they mentioned they weren't supposed to but since I had called and drove all the way out they would. So it's totally possible. Keep trying!

UPDATE:

Someone requested pictures of the media dock so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and try out the camera on the Charge.

So here ya go...

(click on image)

Link straight to slide show: ImageShack(TM) slideshow

Last edited:
Reactions: KB3MMX

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but I expected that. I'm probably gonna pull down $450 for my Droid X with all the accessories I have for it. It's in great shape and I have just about every accessory someone could want for it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Elmox

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but I expected that. I'm probably gonna pull down $450 for my Droid X with all the accessories I have for it. It's in great shape and I have just about every accessory someone could want for it.

What was full retail if you don't mind me asking?

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Good luck getting $450 for a Droid X even with all of the accessories. I haven't really seen them go that high on eBay. Give us some first impressions of the Charge. I'm looking at the TB but may consider the Charge.

choppaj247

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I know the prices. As far as im willing to go on the internet lol. The reason why they charge 699 or whatever is bc they usually mark up prices 100$ TO ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I know the prices. As far as im willing to go on the internet lol. The reason why they charge 699 or whatever is bc they usually mark up prices 100$ TO ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY.

of course thats what i would do if i was selling things i would want to make money. Problem is who is going to sell the phone for 570. Is Verizon? Actually does anyone know what Verizon will be selling it for Retail?

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
of course thats what i would do if i was selling things i would want to make money. Problem is who is going to sell the phone for 570. Is Verizon? Actually does anyone know what Verizon will be selling it for Retail?

My guess is $659, my logic

Incredible 2 $199 on contract
Incredible 2 $459 (?) off contract

Thunderbolt $249 on contract
Thunderbolt $559 (?) off contract

Charge $299 on contract
Charge $659 (?) off contract

I'm not sure what the off contract prices are but I'm too lazy too check..

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My guess is $659, my logic

Incredible 2 $199 on contract
Incredible 2 $459 (?) off contract

Thunderbolt $249 on contract
Thunderbolt $559 (?) off contract

Charge $299 on contract
Charge $659 (?) off contract

I'm not sure what the off contract prices are but I'm too lazy too check..

Thunderbolt is 699 off contract. Same as the charge

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

choppaj247

May 3, 2011
Visit site
ok well sorry to be rude but i call BS on EVERYONE that states their using the charge. Iv done everything in my power(which is pretty large) to get mine activated and it wont program. Iv called customer support/ Agent support account managers EVERYTHING. It can be swapped in the system but not programed. So guess people are posting on a wifi network bc its not a Verizon network

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Just picked mine up from Best Buy. They wouldn't activate it for me, but tossed a SIM card into the box and when I got home I logged into my Verizon Wireless account and activated it online with no problem at all. myNewDroidCharge.jpg - 4shared.com - photo sharing - download image

I had to call a couple best buys before I found one that would sell it to me. Even then, they mentioned they weren't supposed to but since I had called and drove all the way out they would. So it's totally possible. Keep trying!

I called several BB stores and found some in stock but nobody will sell me one...you must have gotten real lucky !!!

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
ok well sorry to be rude but i call BS on EVERYONE that states their using the charge. Iv done everything in my power(which is pretty large) to get mine activated and it wont program. Iv called customer support/ Agent support account managers EVERYTHING. It can be swapped in the system but not programed. So guess people are posting on a wifi network bc its not a Verizon network

I'll make a video for the nay sayer. Stay tuned...

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Good luck getting $450 for a Droid X even with all of the accessories. I haven't really seen them go that high on eBay. Give us some first impressions of the Charge. I'm looking at the TB but may consider the Charge.

For some reason I always get way more than I expect. Not sure why. I got $300 recently for my wife's X and it was scratched to hell. I will definitely get at least $400 and like I said, hope to come close to $450.

I have an extended Slim OEM battery, OEM Media Dock, OEM Dash Mount Dock, Brand New OEM Leather Case, and a couple of other small extras like extra Steinheil Screen protectors, etc.

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine is running on 4g, whoever sold yours to you didn't do everything he was supposed to do to it. That's just my guess because there's nothing blocking the charge from using the Verizon network.