Any success with pairing to car bluetooth?

MaxBuck2

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Apparently the Charge has difficulty playing nice with automobile Bluetooth sets. My car is a Kia Sorento 2011 with navigation; my old Fascinate paired flawlessly (though not all contacts transferred successfully - averaged maybe 70% of the listings).

xda-developers.com forum has a thread (Bluetooth problem with your car? Please read - Page 2 - xda-developers) wherein it's documented that turning off the "BluetoothPbapService" can help, though the phonebook still doesn't transfer on many vehicles. Anyone been successful in getting their Charge to pair up?

roppb

May 1, 2011
Visit site
No problem pairing with my wife's 2011 Kia Soul, although I do find it annoying that I have to go into the bluetooth settings and manually reconnect every time I get back in the car. Maybe try that? When I first paired the phone to the car I still had to do a long press on the connection and select 'connect'. Could be the same problem for you?

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
No problem pairing with my wife's 2011 Kia Soul, although I do find it annoying that I have to go into the bluetooth settings and manually reconnect every time I get back in the car. Maybe try that? When I first paired the phone to the car I still had to do a long press on the connection and select 'connect'. Could be the same problem for you?
Mine paired with a 2010 MB C300 without a hitch. If I leave Bluetooth on on the device it pairs every time I start the car. If it's off when I enter the car and I turn it on after I am driving it pairs within about 20 seconds automatically.

Good luck with yours,

Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith