Battery Life

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had my charge since Sunday.. I have gotten pretty good battery life with moderate use. I leave bluetooth and gps off unless I am in the car and usually just use bluetooth. I went from 6am Monday until around 6pm Monday night and was travelling to different areas, with different signal strength and when I checked, I was only down to like 80% after 12 hours. I did notice that unlike the droid X I had, the display on the charge uses a lot of the battery. Best to have the display off when not in use and I have the brightness set at automatic and turned off all animations to try to conserve.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I turned my phone on just before 630 this morning and its 845pm now and I have 44% remaining. I live in a 4G area but I keep it turned off. I text all day and browse the web alot. I'm.running gummycharged 1.8.5 with voodoo.

xaerospace

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It is crazy that we have turn the phone off to get it to last. What the hell is the point in having all these features if we just turn them off.

My battery usage sucks. Lucky to get back home to a charger.

I also can't take pics once I hit the 20% threshold.

I do love the phone. Just hate the battery life.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Try not using the phone like a computer. It's a phone when the day is through. I get 18 hr just surfing a bit, using medical apps, emailing, texting and a bit of calling.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is crazy that we have turn the phone off to get it to last. What the hell is the point in having all these features if we just turn them off.

My battery usage sucks. Lucky to get back home to a charger.

I also can't take pics once I hit the 20% threshold.

I do love the phone. Just hate the battery life.

I get what I would consider good battery life out of this battery and it is stock. The low battry/camera thing can be gotten rid of. There is a mod somewhere around here for that

Charged up post!

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
How are you guys charging your phones? I've always found that charging solely from the usb results in the best battery life your me. :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Im getting really lousy battery life. I am hoping that when I root and flash a different Rom it will get better. I can't even get 6 house with minimal use. Having major force close issues with the stock email app and i can't get Google voice to work. Did I get a lemon?

afroqueen

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
For the last couple of days my battery has drained. I've had my phone since May I've gotten pretty good battery use with minimum use (taking about 5-10 pics and sending about 5-10 texts), but for the last two days it has drained to about 10-20% when I'm not using it. I don't know if I've gotten a bad battery or not (my phone has been getting hot), and it has me concerned.

I usually charge at home through the ac. I've turned off GPS and mobile data to see if that's what draining the battery, but before this happened they were turned on and I had no problems. I checked my battery and it said 96% was used by dialer and 2% by cell standby. Also, the screen hasn't been as responsive as it was in the past...just now when I was going to my home screen, it went dark for about 30 seconds before it finally showed my home screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

:confused:

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed last night while my phone was charging......it beeped and said charging.turned.off, phone is too hot.to charge. Whats up with that?

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I noticed last night while my phone was charging......it beeped and said charging.turned.off, phone is too hot.to charge. Whats up with that?

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I'm rooted using gummycharged 1.9.1 FE and i got 17 hours of battery life with about 20% remaining. This included having all options turned on (in a 4g area also) and at the gym for 2 hours using playerpro the whole time. Texting, a little surfing, emailing, not really limiting my phone usage at all. I made it a point not to put it on the charger also.

I do the battery calibration also.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe try the calibration. or get a new battery.

libertao

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I'm rooted using gummycharged 1.9.1 FE and i got 17 hours of battery life with about 20% remaining. This included having all options turned on (in a 4g area also) and at the gym for 2 hours using playerpro the whole time. Texting, a little surfing, emailing, not really limiting my phone usage at all. I made it a point not to put it on the charger also.

I do the battery calibration also.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe try the calibration. or get a new battery.
Do you have brightness at 100%?