Well I'm not giving up MY CHARGE for Apple!
    07-02-2011 09:46 PM
    This might not be a good thing, because we can probably forget about all future updates for the Charge..
    07-02-2011 09:55 PM
    We have our own devs.
    GramieDroid likes this.
    07-02-2011 11:44 PM
    Interesting why Samsung and not HTC or LG? All the high end 4G Android phones are more or less the same anyway.
    07-03-2011 07:55 AM
    Any idea why this is happening? Link to said article?
    07-03-2011 08:19 AM
    It's not just the Charge, it's also the Infuse 4g, the Galaxy s 4g, and the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Apple Seeks Preliminary Injunction on Samsung Infuse 4G, Galaxy 4G, Droid Charge, and Galaxy Tab 10.1 | TechFruit
    07-03-2011 08:25 AM
    I like how Apple keeps mentioning the Galaxy 4G and Infuse 4G, and even the Galaxy Tabs, but only mention the Droid Charge a couple of times and not in detail either. The DC isn't even considered a Galaxy phone from what I understand, nor doe it look ANYTHING like the other Samsung devices in question by Apple.

If those scumbags get away with this against Samsung, my iPod will be up for sale and I'll go buy a Zune. Eff Apple.
    spencer0279 likes this.
    07-03-2011 08:34 AM
    Wow! This is getting out of hand already. I don't know if you guys read already but this is most likely in retaliation of Samsung filing a similar motion to block Apple sales due to patent infringements. It's all really a game.

Samsung Drops Countersuit, But Raises Stakes against Apple | PCWorld
    07-03-2011 10:42 AM
    Apple is one of Samsung's biggest customers. You could say they're partners to a degree. lol Stupid Apple. Their cutting their own throat. An act of desperation is what it really is. I personally think Apple is scared they will lose their status. Their just to stupid to realize they already have.
    07-03-2011 12:01 PM

How come it says Galaxy S on the Charge replacement door ?
    07-03-2011 01:24 PM
    The charge is a Galaxy S phone, it's model is the Galaxy S 510.
    07-03-2011 01:31 PM
    It's because of Touchwiz looking too much like iOS.

But I think this gives samsung incentive to come up with a good ui overlay instead of candyland.
    spencer0279 likes this.
    07-03-2011 03:18 PM
    Apple is one of Samsung's biggest customers. You could say they're partners to a degree. lol Stupid Apple. Their cutting their own throat. An act of desperation is what it really is. I personally think Apple is scared they will lose their status. Their just to stupid to realize they already have.
    They're not actually. Its all a strategy game, being played by both. Apple is willing and almost ready to move most of their component production to other suppliers. If it does so, Samsung would be in deep trouble financially. At this point Samsung is just as dependent on apple as apple is on Samsung. Neither will let it get to the point that it would affect their parts relationship. (Not that Samsung would be able to without violating their contracts anyways)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-03-2011 05:28 PM
    I like how Apple keeps mentioning the Galaxy 4G and Infuse 4G, and even the Galaxy Tabs, but only mention the Droid Charge a couple of times and not in detail either. The DC isn't even considered a Galaxy phone from what I understand, nor doe it look ANYTHING like the other Samsung devices in question by Apple.

If those scumbags get away with this against Samsung, my iPod will be up for sale and I'll go buy a Zune. Eff Apple.
    The charge is certainly a galaxy s phone, but that is irrelevant to the case. It mostly revolves around the inclusion of touchwiz.

07-03-2011 05:29 PM
    Samsung would be in deep trouble financially.
    Absolutely not. The contract is not material to samsungs business.
    07-03-2011 06:35 PM
    The charge is certainly a galaxy s phone, but that is irrelevant to the case. It mostly revolves around the inclusion of touchwiz.

Then why are they only including the latest models and not previous models, especially the Fascinate and other first generation GS phones?
    07-03-2011 06:48 PM
    Absolutely not. The contract is not material to samsungs business.
    You're kidding right? The last contract Apple signed with Samsung in February was worth $8 billion. Last year they paid them $6 billion. Samsung's display arm is already under water, and losing Apple would push them over the edge.

If you honestly think Samsung won't be affected by Apple not renewing those contracts, you're delusional.
    07-03-2011 11:13 PM
    Then why are they only including the latest models and not previous models, especially the Fascinate and other first generation GS phones?
    They have. The entire Galaxy series was included in the suit, and they've included the following in the new round:

Droid Charge, Exhibit 4G, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Prevail, Gravity, Infuse 4G, Nexus S 4G, Replenish, Sidekick, Galaxy Tab 10.1, and Galaxy S II
    07-03-2011 11:19 PM
    not to mention the huge amount of non cell phone related stuff Samsung has....TV's, dvd players, full line of appliances including making all of GE's appliances now, and various other electronics. Honestly the cell phone side of Samsung is not nearly as big as you think. Samsung is such a big company its crazy. BTW I work for LG..haha
    07-04-2011 12:07 AM
    not to mention the huge amount of non cell phone related stuff Samsung has....TV's, dvd players, full line of appliances including making all of GE's appliances now, and various other electronics. Honestly the cell phone side of Samsung is not nearly as big as you think. Samsung is such a big company its crazy. BTW I work for LG..haha
    Do you think that if their chip and display arms are losing big money they're really going to not be affected? Of course Samsung is big. They're a conglomerate. But that doesn't mean that the individual divisions are somehow infallible and unable to be affected by things like, oh, the dropping of an $8 billion contract.
    07-04-2011 12:45 AM
    I didnt mean that it would be nothing to them but just not as big as some are saying. I am quite confident that 8 billion would affect any company no matter how large it is, but with all the different areas Samsung is involved in they will easily survive. Apple will also survive if they move to another company. I looked thru some of the supposed copyright violations and I think its pretty bogus. Some of there claims are over reaching quite a bit. To actually be able to patent a shape is sorta ridiculous anyways IMO because almost all the phones are about the same shape and setup. Also a layout of icons and the fact that they scroll from left to right shouldn't be able to be patented either. I honestly think its pretty lame of Apple and makes me like them less than I did.
    07-04-2011 12:53 AM
    I didnt mean that it would be nothing to them but just not as big as some are saying. I am quite confident that 8 billion would affect any company no matter how large it is, but with all the different areas Samsung is involved in they will easily survive. Apple will also survive if they move to another company. I looked thru some of the supposed copyright violations and I think its pretty bogus. Some of there claims are over reaching quite a bit. To actually be able to patent a shape is sorta ridiculous anyways IMO because almost all the phones are about the same shape and setup. Also a layout of icons and the fact that they scroll from left to right shouldn't be able to be patented either. I honestly think its pretty lame of Apple and makes me like them less than I did.
    Well it wasn't just the shape; it was the shape, the ratio of the screen and bezel, the placement of the home button, as well as the chrome trim. The Galaxy S is very similar when compared to the 3GS. (not saying the Apple lawsuit is right, just saying that there is some merit to the claim)
    07-04-2011 01:53 AM
    They're not just going after TouchWiz. Going through the injunction, it starts to become apparent that Apple's argument is based on the entire concept of the touchscreen smartphone, and how they have patents on the entire physical structure of the device that Samsung violates.

I can't imagine that they would be successful (kinda like arguing we created the wheel, now you can't use anything round), however if they were to win, based on their arguments, there's really nothing stopping them from bringing up the same claims against HTC, Motorola, LG and ect...

EDIT: That being said, the Droid Charge in particular really bares no resemblance to an iPhone, aside from the fact that Apple doesn't like that the screen takes up most of the real estate and they don't like the app draw.
    07-04-2011 12:36 PM
    They're not just going after TouchWiz. Going through the injunction, it starts to become apparent that Apple's argument is based on the entire concept of the touchscreen smartphone, and how they have patents on the entire physical structure of the device that Samsung violates.

I can't imagine that they would be successful (kinda like arguing we created the wheel, now you can't use anything round), however if they were to win, based on their arguments, there's really nothing stopping them from bringing up the same claims against HTC, Motorola, LG and ect...

EDIT: That being said, the Droid Charge in particular really bares no resemblance to an iPhone, aside from the fact that Apple doesn't like that the screen takes up most of the real estate and they don't like the app draw.
    There are two separate parts to the suit and you're confusing them.

The first part deals directly with the galaxy s and its apparent cribbing of the 3gs' design. That ONLY covers a specific handset, not all of them.

The second part deals with touchwiz, and that's why the charge and others are included.

07-04-2011 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD