HTC J Butterfly

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I won't buy a phone without removable batteries. I swap batteries daily and never have my phone plugged in because of my external charger. I love this setup too much to give it up.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The leaked pictures of the Verizon version look so sexy. It looks like a Droid Incredible without the textured back.

jamisont

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually we DO know that the SLCD3 is more energy efficient: this display uses the SHARP IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) process. Sharp has said that products using this display technology last 2.5 times longer overall in battery life than products without that display. That said, the Adreno 320 in the APQ8064 is a beast of a graphics processor: we are seeing this in the LG Optimus G and Asus Padfone 2 without the benefit of Jelly Bean (they both run Ice Cream Sandwich) and both of those devies are benchmark monsters.

HTC is well aware of the battery criticism they've had for their large screened, 4G devices, hopefully they've done the math and found 2,020 mAh sufficient for this LTE device.

And yes, the Japanese version is IPX5 water resistent. Here are the specs straight from the horse's mouth: HTC J butterfly HTL21 - HTC Smartphones Here's hoping we DO see the HTC6435LVW as the Nexus 5 this year, but it could end up being December/January in anniversary of the original Nexus One.

you are wrong on couple of things here..
first. Super SLCD3 uses LG's AH-IPS panel, and it uses LTPS TFT not IGZO TFT. (Oxide TFT)
on performance wise LTPS> IGZO still, IGZO just makes it easier and cheaper to produce than LTPS. (mobility of a-Si is 1㎠/Vs, LTPS is 100~150㎠/Vs, IGZO is about 50~80㎠/Vs.)

about energy saving...LTPS also consume 50+% less power than ordinary a-Si TFT panels. IGZO also compared its performance against typical a-Si TFT panels as well.

pro's of IGZO is that it simplified process (half of LTPS) so its cheaper and faster to produce, and it can use current a-Si TFT process so thats a big plus.

LG showed off 5inch 1080p 440ppi display back in may 28th, Sharp showed it off two weeks ago at Japan CEATEC, same time KDDI showed off HTC's Butterfly.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
you are wrong on couple of things here..
first. Super SLCD3 uses LG's AH-IPS panel, and it uses LTPS TFT not IGZO TFT. (Oxide TFT)
on performance wise LTPS> IGZO still, IGZO just makes it easier and cheaper to produce than LTPS. (mobility of a-Si is 1㎠/Vs, LTPS is 100~150㎠/Vs, IGZO is about 50~80㎠/Vs.)

about energy saving...LTPS also consume 50+% less power than ordinary a-Si TFT panels. IGZO also compared its performance against typical a-Si TFT panels as well.

pro's of IGZO is that it simplified process (half of LTPS) so its cheaper and faster to produce, and it can use current a-Si TFT process so thats a big plus.

LG showed off 5inch 1080p 440ppi display back in may 28th, Sharp showed it off two weeks ago at Japan CEATEC, same time KDDI showed off HTC's Butterfly.

I gotta wonder...are you pulling this from somewhere on the Internet or do you work in the industry?

jamisont

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I gotta wonder...are you pulling this from somewhere on the Internet or do you work in the industry?
i dont work in the industry but i keep up with news.
i'll tell you what.. you can find some sites claiming Sharp developed 5 inch SLCD3 IGZO panel but thats wrong.
its CGS(sharp's LTPS tech) panels not IGZO.

ƒVƒƒ?[ƒv?A‹TŽR?H??‚?’†??Œ^‰t??‚?“]Š??B??‚?‘?Œ^‹?‰? -AV Watch

its 2011 sharp's plan for LCD for this year, Sharp's factory, Kemeyama's first linie would produce CGS LCD for smartphones, and 2nd line would produce IGZO for Tablets. (also to supplly Ipad)

CGS not IGZO Adorn new Sharp 5-inch HD Panel - Display Central
it’s the full-HD (1920 x 1080) 5-inch that is going into production. It is based on a much older CG-Silicon (continuous grain or CGS for short) backplane technology.

about full HD LCD display, LG showed off first at june 3rd on SID, Sharp's display showed off on oct 2nd on CEATEC (same day HTC showed butterfly on CEATEC)
Japan display(sony, toshiba hitachi)'s gonna show their product on FPD International end of this month.
HTC's probably gonna get their display from all those 3 companies for full HD LCD, but the one they used on CEATEC was just my guess.
cuz it doesnt make sense to announce ur first product on a show and other company shows same thing already equipped on their product.

Last edited:

ReneJames

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
This phone is getting close....

Perfect Phone:
slcd3 1920x1080
4.7-5 inch screen
LTE
2gb ram
s4 quadcore
Pure Google
LED notification light
2500+ mah battery
Removable Battery
SD support
16 gb internal storage
NFC
Water proof
tablets

Anything else I'm missing?(I don't know much about the camera I suppose- 3 MP front facing, 8-12 back? What lens? etc)

If a phone like that ever came out, it would simply dominate everything
I think Galaxy tab and apple iPhone is the best choice. Which smartphone is best in your opinion?

Last edited:

fn_noobee

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan and they had this phone as an option with service with KDDI. Cost a pretty penny but I said yes, please. Really love the phone, but when it bricks it bricks hard. I had my first one die the other day about a week after getting it. Unlike the EVO 3D (which can take a beating) and other removable batteries there is no removing the battery to reset most issues. KDDI was very helpful when I told them what happened and gave me a brand new replacement, not a refurb, at no charge (I'm looking at you Verizon). In love again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95