HTC DLX first pictures

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've done a bit of research on both this and the note2, my pool of two upcoming phones.
Both have snappy processors and 2 gig of mem(as does the g3), which is a minimum for me since we are planning on keeping these for awhile.
I'll need to see if the DNA comes in a 32 gig version, without SD (note2 yes) I'd have to make a move to the cloud (I already media serve at home), but many have, I'd be doing most my syncing and data movement at home(or hotspot) over wifi so this would minimize my data usage, but I like to have enough for growth.

DNA / HTC plus' are Build / Screen / Photo software / which are important for me .
I've watched a bunch of reviews on the note2, I've noticed with the spen many people have problems with it taking input when selecting various things.. could be software but enough reviews has shown me this to be a potential issue, if not using the spen I'd go with the DNA , though the note 2 would be something 'new/different'

I'm not a an of amoled screens, super or not, they still have much more over saturation and hue than lcd2 and I suspect lcd3 to be better, but of course this is a user preference
My friend (G3) didn't believe me so we took the same photo, and compared, the backgrounds were always 'darker and shaded'. I have to believe this plays itself out in all display output be it games, photos, or movies.

lastly battery life, I come from tbolt so I understand this issue, that said I also know much has been done with tech that reduces the supply need and the DNA have these, keep in mind the NOTE2 must charge the spen... so they needed more juice. I'll wait and see how the reviews come out before judging and hope vZ gets some in stores to testdrive after next weeks announcement.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Notice I said "Next up for me will probably be the Note 2, if the reviews turn out good.

The Galaxy Note 2 has a 3100mAh battery (compared to the Maxx's 3300). The Note 2's internals will have to be particularly bad to have poor battery life with a 3100 battery. But, it is possible - hence why I will wait for the reviews first.

That's cool, if you wanna talk more, maybe you can do some research first, so we can have discussions beyond calling things "inferior pieces of crap" ;)

My research is that I have owned the galaxy nexus and GS3, both huge turds!

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I went from being super excited to totally dissapointed in this phone.8 hours of moderate use is horrible nowadays.I want and need a full day of use from a phone. When i saw 2500 mah i thought for sure it would last a day. The screen is only about 4% bigger than the gs3(which lasts a whole day with moderate use) with roughly 18% bigger battery. The extra pixels must suck up battery like crazy.Damn i really wanted this sexy beast, but 8 hours is unacceptable

Could be possible you two have different opinions of moderate use.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Haha. Me too. Am getting a little nervous that Verizon will only have a black model

Ya that's the thing about Verizon. They tend to suck when it comes to color choices. That or they're late releasing various colors which I know pisses many people off including myself.