Wait and SEE with 2020 mah battery

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you on wi-fi most of the day? That makes a HUGE difference with the TB. Even with the extended battery and leaving the screen off all day, I'm pretty sure my TB would be dead just on idle after 8-10 hrs when on 3G/4G only.

No, I am hardly ever on WiFi. Original battery too from almost 2 years ago. I am running Liquid Smooth 3.2 ROM and leave sync for manual and keep the screen brightness down to a comfortable level. I am almost always with 4G service. I haven't seen 3G around me in a while. I am no power user though which might account for why my battery lasts as well. I do not stream video or music and use the phone for texts and email, internet, some light gaming and phone calls. All in all, I really enjoy the TB. It has been a solid phone for me and takes everything I throw at it. I just like new stuff. :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question to ask yourself...
IF I have a tablet or Laptop... running on battery only, would it make it through the day using it as many have spoken about in this forum.
I feel like I'm reading Monty Python... search for the Holy Grail !

I have used my tablet for 6 hours straight watching movies, playing games and anything else I wanted to do and still had juice to spare. I have had it last 2 days with regular use with out difficulty. If my phone did this I would be a happy camper.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a TB and take it off the charger at 6:30am everyday. I go to work, use when needed, and put it back on the charger around 11pm when I go to bed. I checked email often, look up a handful or things on the Internet and stream music or videos for probably an hour or two total each day. I'm not sure if people don't have jobs and are able to spend literally all day on their phone so 40 hours of battery life (may be a bit of an exaggeration) is necessary, but doesn't anyone remember the old days before smartphones when you had a nokia or kyocera and it was awesome and you used it and plugged it in at night? A days charge is enough for me. I'm looking forward to this phone or maybe the next similar phone after.

I'm one of the seemingly few that had a good to decent experience with the thunderbolt, but I'm thinking of waiting to read some reviews and then deciding... My upgrade isn't until the first week of December anyway, so I have some time. And I know, if you keep waiting for the next best thing you'll never buy a phone, but that's not an issue with me, I'll buy what I think is best for me soon after my upgrade is available.

I tried to ignore this but had to say something. I'd give a pinkie finger to see you using your phone for an entire day. I'd guarantee that the music streaming and usage is at a bare minimum and not the norm.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here. We are a rare breeed. LOL! I have been very happy with my TB and get 36-48 hours with what I would consider might to moderate use. If I happen to use it more during the day (if I don't feel like working too hard that day), I definitely notice more battery drain but it always makes it through the day with 15-30% left. I am fine charging it when I sleep so as long as the DNA can get through a typical day for me, I am almost positively getting it, although I will be looking forward to the personal reviews we should be seeing over the next coupdl days.

Coming apparently from an HTC employee. Lol. :confused:

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There are other phones available, they are there so if you need them you go get them. Stop crying and get what fits your need. Want 8 hours of screen on time. I had razr maxx and that didn't even do that.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There are other phones available, they are there so if you need them you go get them. Stop crying and get what fits your need. Want 8 hours of screen on time. I had razr maxx and that didn't even do that.

What's available? The Maxx has a weak camera and screen. I would not sacrifice this for battery. No one is asking for 8 hours of screen time. 4-5 will do.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
What's available? The Maxx has a weak camera and screen. I would not sacrifice this for battery. No one is asking for 8 hours of screen time. 4-5 will do.

:) Just pulled the trigger and ordered the Razr MAXX HD this morning. Played with it for half an hour in a verizon store, the screen was sweet. As good as any other phone in the store. Supposedly the camera isn't so hot but I don't care, I never use it. Other than that, the phone has it all. Got tired of waiting for another HTC phone that could measure up with the big boys.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
:) Just pulled the trigger and ordered the Razr MAXX HD this morning. Played with it for half an hour in a verizon store, the screen was sweet. As good as any other phone in the store. Supposedly the camera isn't so hot but I don't care, I never use it. Other than that, the phone has it all. Got tired of waiting for another HTC phone that could measure up with the big boys.

I know the screen isn't horrible certainly not any worse than my SGS2, but I am tired of the Amoled screen, I want LCD2 or 3.

Regardless I'm sure you will love it like so many others do.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have used my tablet for 6 hours straight watching movies, playing games and anything else I wanted to do and still had juice to spare. I have had it last 2 days with regular use with out difficulty. If my phone did this I would be a happy camper.
But of course then the size of your phone would be the size of your tablet, extrapolate the size of your tablet to your phone..

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I think one of the reasons the DNA battery is 2020mAh is because of the wireless charging feature. If the battery were 2500mAh or 2200mAh like the J Butterfly (which does not support wireless charging), it would take much longer to get to 100% since induction charging is slower than wall charging. Instead of highlighting how slow wireless charging is by using a beefy battery pack, they scaled it back so it could hit 100% in a reasonable amount of time.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

That is the problem, there are no alternatives. The weak camera is one of the reasons I can't pull the trigger on the Maxx Hd. Also, it only has a dual core processor which is the ultimate deal breaker for me. If someone could shrink down the Note 2 to the DNA's size and put the same 1080p screen on it I would be 100% happy!

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
That is the problem, there are no alternatives. The weak camera is one of the reasons I can't pull the trigger on the Maxx Hd. Also, it only has a dual core processor which is the ultimate deal breaker for me. If someone could shrink down the Note 2 to the DNA's size and put the same 1080p screen on it I would be 100% happy!

It seems as if right now there's no phone without significant compromises. I ended up choosing the Maxx HD for the battery life, storage space, and nice OS which is very close to stock with some good tweaks. On the other hand its build has too many flaws and the camera is just passable.

I will say though, that the screen is NOT weak. It's very sharp and bright. Text looks good on it. I guess if perfect color fidelity is important to you, then it's not the best, but most people, including me, aren't going to care about perfect color fidelity on a sub-5" screen.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
By the way, you're not actually going to get "4-5 hours of screen time" on the DNA. You'd only get that if you're running the screen for 4 hours straight, which you'll never do. Your real usage of the screen is interspersed throughout the day with the phone doing its syncing and stuff while idling, which uses up some of the battery.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It seems as if right now there's no phone without significant compromises. I ended up choosing the Maxx HD for the battery life, storage space, and nice OS which is very close to stock with some good tweaks. On the other hand its build has too many flaws and the camera is just passable.

I will say though, that the screen is NOT weak. It's very sharp and bright. Text looks good on it. I guess if perfect color fidelity is important to you, then it's not the best, but most people, including me, aren't going to care about perfect color fidelity on a sub-5" screen.

You are right about compromises. Thanks for the feedback on the screen.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
By the way, you're not actually going to get "4-5 hours of screen time" on the DNA. You'd only get that if you're running the screen for 4 hours straight, which you'll never do. Your real usage of the screen is interspersed throughout the day with the phone doing its syncing and stuff while idling, which uses up some of the battery.

I think you would be surprised with the DNA, I think you could easily spread those 4-5 hours of screen time over 24 hours. The DNA is much more energy efficient than older LTE phones (rezound, thunderbolt, etc.). With light usage, I think a user could over 30 hours on a charge. This newest generation of LTE phones is head and shoulders above the 1st gen devices. I am not sure what you are basing your opinion on, but, I am basing my opinion on my experience with the DNA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress