PSA: Best Buy Price Matches Amazon, effective early October

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just so you can make the best decisions for you and your family. Amazon prices are often $100 less than Verizon's. I got my droid razr maxx HD for 199 at Best Buy with no issues at the end of last month. Price Match is currently suspended, because of black friday sales, it goes back into effect on the 27th. Sources:

Best Buy website: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...11.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat204400050011&token=rcI_pvAe

Success by razr maxx HD purchasers:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=217332

Obviously, each store is different and YMMV. But you may end up saving a lot of money like many have by not preordering, seeing what Amazon is offering the phone for, and walking into Best Buy.

Last edited:

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little confused; does this mean it would get around having to renew my contract with VZW and lose unlimited?
Or is something else going on here?

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Source and text of the deal, you'll have to wait until November 27 for the match to go back into effect

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...11.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat204400050011&token=5a_iBN_2

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Source and text of the deal, you'll have to wait until November 27 for the match to go back into effect

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...11.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat204400050011&token=VYXlVCdZ

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012

Cell phones are not covered by this policy. They a clearly absent from it. Any price matches are 100% at manager discretion.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You're acting like I'm a snake oil salesman. This will work for many. Here's the Droid Razr Maxx HD thread where people repeatedly report success.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=217332

No, I'm not. I work in retail management, and any time something like this is intentionally excluded, it was done for a reason. People can try, sure, and some will have luck. But they need to go into it with their eyes open that they could get denied. Best buy is under no obligation under their policy to honor wirefly or amazon prices for phones.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Let me know if any of you had success with this. I contacted Best Buy twice about their price match policy, and they told me that it does not extend to online cell phone purchases--and the DNA is only available online, as Best Buy has no intentions of bringing it in-store. I'm hoping I'd be able to price-match it if I shipped it to the store..

Just curious, is there any way to get that $30 Verizon fee waived?

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
All my phones were price matched at Best buy without the managers approval.. They price match everything except accessories, and but I did get a small discount on a screen protector and a case.. I don't know if it matters that I'm in Illinois...

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
All my phones were price matched at Best buy without the managers approval.. They price match everything except accessories, and but I did get a small discount on a screen protector and a case.. I don't know if it matters that I'm in Illinois...

Same here. The price match policy was updated for the holidays, they will match any online competitors. Not only that but on other items other than cell phones ifb they don't have it in stock they will ship it to you for free.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The phone I'm interested in is only available online, and the fine print on their price-matching states it's not valid on online-only mobile device purchases. Could I order this in-store, and show them the Amazon price ($50 cheaper)?

Same here. The price match policy was updated for the holidays, they will match any online competitors. Not only that but on other items other than cell phones ifb they don't have it in stock they will ship it to you for free.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Take a trip and let us know. We've led you to a pile of money, it's now up to you to see if you can pick it up. But what phone is not available in store at best buy?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Or...the person that helped you had the ability to do it. (They're called key-carriers and can authorize price matches, etc.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa