Switching between wifi and 4G LTE...

artakartel

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen automatically? I want the phone to automatically switch to wifi when I'm near a zone and not use from my data plan. How do you set that up?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Does this happen automatically? I want the phone to automatically switch to wifi when I'm near a zone and not use from my data plan. How do you set that up?

If you just leave wifi on it'll connect to wifi hotspots that are saved and remembered. However, this can also drain battery because if you're out and about and the phone will constantly be trying to connect to unidentified networks.

Joan Bandy

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My phone is not automatically connecting to 4g when I'm out and leave wifi...it says "please check connections". Last night, i did finally get it working by going into data settings. I wonder if this has to do with battery saving app setup or something, but I'm still figuring that out, too. Often light is low and I need to be able to send and receive calls without a lot of tinkering.

Dirtman16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
If you just leave wifi on it'll connect to wifi hotspots that are saved and remembered. However, this can also drain battery because if you're out and about and the phone will constantly be trying to connect to unidentified networks.

The drain due to leaving on Wifi is typically overstated. I've never noticed a significant drop in battery life due to leaving Wifi on. You also risk forgetting to turn it back on and using up your allotted data (if you're on a tiered plan).

kaerophil

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
On the Samsung Galaxy S4, how do I switch between WiFi at home and 4G when I am not at home. What are the settings on the phone? I don't want the phone to be on 4G when at home, as it will use up too m uch of my data plan.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
On the Samsung Galaxy S4, how do I switch between WiFi at home and 4G when I am not at home. What are the settings on the phone? I don't want the phone to be on 4G when at home, as it will use up too m uch of my data plan.

Not sure about the S4 but every phone I've had, once I leave my home WiFi range it would automatically switch to 4g...and back to WiFi once I'm back in range.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

You should probably post this in the s4 forum....this is for the DNA...hey Mods, maybe move the post?

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty