Battery Temperature Spikes to 110 Degress When Idle...Any Idea Why?

nextcity

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been monitoring my battery temps the last few days in conjunction with using the wireless charger. When wireless charging, the max temps are in the mid to high 90's. During intensive gaming, I have never gone over 105. However, I've noticed spikes of 110-112 when the phone is sitting idle? Any ideas as to why? Thanks. P.S. Wireless charging while keeping the DNA in my Body Glove DropSuit Case works great.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Only times I've every seen temps that high are when using the navigation or an app is stuck on using gps. You shouldn't have those temps while your phone is idle you have to have some application stuck on I'm assuming.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have seen stuff like this when the network connection has a problem. My rezound did this when the battery got below a certain level, and, the battery started draining very fast. A factory reset fixed the problem. You might check your battery usage to see if some app is going berserk.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
honestly I think it's a glitch. i have the same thing but when it's idling its still cool to the touch.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419