Droid DNA Graphics Glitches

craigrs84

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm developing an Android app and my client has a Droid DNA.

We have noticed that the app's graphics when run on the Droid DNA seem to be very glitchy, sometimes the graphics do not seem to fully paint; there will be a black unpainted area in certain parts of the app, especially around the ActionBar area (near the top of the screen). This usually seems to happen when switching screens or switching between apps. Scrolling the screen back and forth will correct the graphical glitch. I've ran the same app on my Nexus 7 and haven't had a single problem like this.

Has anyone else encountered these types of graphical glitches when using the Droid DNA? I don't actually own a Droid DNA myself so I'm not sure if this is typical behavior for it or not.

As far as my programming, I'm not doing anything crazy just using standard Android APIs and following conventions (i.e. ActionBar API, etc).

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I get that sometimes. It seems to happen after playing games that run the CPU/GPU pretty hard and the phone gets hot. When I close the app I notice that the Notification bar at the top of the screen
has messed up colors, like a glitchy/dying video card on a PC. I can make it go away by changing Theme color theme since it redraws that area. Hopefully this will be resolved in the first patch.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member