Modified Nokia DT900 wireless charger for use in the car (pics added)

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks good again thanks. Just realized you missed second part of my first question. Which fuse did you tap into (radio ACC ect..) and what amp was it

Actually I'm not sure what I tapped into. I was just looking for a "hot" that wasn't ignition controlled. It is a 10 amp (used a 20 amp fuse because it was all I had at the time.I have replace with a 10amp since).

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
New version of Wireless car dock using Ram Mount Universal X Grip.
Ram Mount X Grip - Part# RAM-HOL-UN10BU
Arm - RAM-B-201U
Suction cup base - RAP-B-224-2U
All available at Amazon, About $45 total
Ram Mount Website - RAM Cell Phone Mount l Smartphone Mount l iPhone Mount

Just used double stick tape to mount the Nokia Wireless charger.
Works with a slim case, I have Nillkin on mine.
(Not my Picture of phone in Ram mount)
galaxy3_zps190b5489.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2013-07-17100855_zps4935483a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2013-07-17100847_zps402ecd18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2013-07-17100828_zps1d1f2918.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rhildenbrand

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Nice job on the install - thanks for sharing! I'm about to do a similar install on mine.

Regarding the +12VDC connection, have you run into any problems with the charger hiccupping on the voltage, since the normal voltage on the car is ~14VDC with the engine on? For most accessories I would expect it to be fine -- but I'd hate to be greeted with the blinking white light on the charger.

Ben Abrams

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
ladies and gentlemen drum roll please, after a long search, I seem to have found a car adapter for the DT-900.
The part number I found is the Nokia DC-4, it looks exactly the same, I ordered one today and will test.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No, I have not experienced any issues with the voltage.

Nice job on the install - thanks for sharing! I'm about to do a similar install on mine.

Regarding the +12VDC connection, have you run into any problems with the charger hiccupping on the voltage, since the normal voltage on the car is ~14VDC with the engine on? For most accessories I would expect it to be fine -- but I'd hate to be greeted with the blinking white light on the charger.

kilgore walleye

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Modified Nokia DT900 wireless for use in the car (pics added)

Cut the end off the wire, separated the ground and hot. Connected via standard wire splice connector Blue Wire Splice Connectors Stock Photo 39451615 : Shutterstock that comes with the fuse tap Fuse Tap/Holder by COOPER BUSSMANN - Fuse Blocks by Zoro Tools Industrial Supplies . Looks very clean in that once I put the fuse box cover on you can no longer see it.

So you connected the hot to the splice connector on the fuse tap, but what did you do with the ground?