Soft-bricked Droid DNA -- any hope to recover this phone?

CrumblesLLC LLC

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I spent several hours searching for the solution and I had no luck. I picked this phone up on craigslist for parts, but now I'm hoping to figure out a way to bring it back to life. The previous owner tried rooting the phone and deleted the rom in TWRP. I picked it up from where he left off and I cannot get Windows XP to recognize this phone as an external drive so that I can copy a rom onto it (I also tried Windows Vista, 7, and Mac OS).

When I connect the phone to the computer it does recognize as an external drive, but when I try to open it I get a message saying "please insert disk into drive E:". See pics below.

I installed HTC Sync in hopes it will give me drivers that will help, but no luck. Is there anything else I can try to load a rom onto this phone?

thanks in advance!

photo5_zps02f74a00.jpg

photo4_zpsd26567ff.jpg

photo3-1_zpsc73b7d84.jpg

photo2_zps57e7e30a.jpg

photo1_zps66e26dbe.jpg

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Your probably not going to be able to just add ROM to and flash in recovery, sounds like removing the ROM has done something sdcard ext. Your going to need to push/flash using adb from you computer you can get more information on that over at XDA. Start bu downloading Android SDK if you don't have it here Android SDK | Android Developers