T_T I honestly can say i dislike my DNA

kageneko

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
First Let me first say, the DNA is by no means a bad phone. Quite the contrary actually. The phone is fast, screen looks awesome, beats audio makes it sound amazing(with headphones) however, It's still, just not for me. I received my DNA thru verizon as a warrenty thing as they didn't have my last phone in stock and they didn't give me a choice they just said...we're sending the DNA.

First thing I did was transfer over my songs and pictures from my old phones SD card...instantly, 1 gb free internal memory T_T. Went to go play shadowgun, hooked up my otg cable...nope, no controller support...I'm constantly on it all day playing games, watching moves etc and no option for extended battery.

When I look at this phone...it's like...I see almost an Iphone esc phone but of the androids. If not rooting it's great for someone who just sometimes listens to music and occasionally watches a movie. Someone who doesn't need a lot of functions. But for me, it's not what I was looking for in a phone and now I'm stuck with it as verizon is kinda like...well thats what you have now :<...I wish I could trade it for a note 2 thats what I really want. My hands are kind big and typing is kind of hard for me, so the s-pen works wonders.I Even posted my dna up on craigslist looking for a trade. I'm just so terrible unhappy with the dna personally and just don't know what to do...:'(

Last edited:

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
First Let me first say, the DNA is by no means a bad phone. Quite the contrary actually. The phone is fast, screen looks awesome, beats audio makes it sound amazing(with headphones) however, It's still, just not for me. I received my DNA thru verizon as a warrenty thing as they didn't have my last phone in stock and they didn't give me a choice they just said...we're sending the DNA.

First thing I did was transfer over my songs and pictures from my old phones SD card...instantly, 1 gb free internal memory T_T. Went to go play shadowgun, hooked up my otg cable...nope, no controller support...I'm constantly on it all day playing games, watching moves etc and no option for extended battery.

When I look at this phone...it's like...I see almost an Iphone esc phone but of the androids. If not rooting it's great for someone who just sometimes listens to music and occasionally watches a movie. Someone who doesn't need a lot of functions. But for me, it's not what I was looking for in a phone and now I'm stuck with it as verizon is kinda like...well thats what you have now :<...I wish I could trade it for a note 2 thats what I really want. My hands are kind big and typing is kind of hard for me, so the s-pen works wonders.I Even posted my dna up on craigslist looking for a trade. I'm just so terrible unhappy with the dna personally and just don't know what to do...:'(

Well that sucks.

Check out swappa and check out the androidcentral marketplace to see if anyone will trade with you.

kageneko

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
YEA! I forgot about swappa I'm gonna go over there right now :D Thanks for reminding me ^_^v

...as for the marketplace sadly...though i've been frequenting android central for what feel like EVER I had never made an account as i just came here to find answers to problems and such and sadly I can't list in the marketplace yet T_T

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, the resell value of the dna is pretty low, in comparison to the note 2, and it isn't likely that you'll find a direct trade. Imnsotry you don't like the device though, I have loved mine since day 1. Best of luck!

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, the resell value of the dna is pretty low, in comparison to the note 2, and it isn't likely that you'll find a direct trade. Imnsotry you don't like the device though, I have loved mine since day 1. Best of luck!

They sell for about $300-$350 on eBay. I'd call that more moderate than low.

kageneko

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I actually just sold mine for 360 0_o kinda didn't expect it to sell so quick...so I'm gonna try to apply that to a note 2...somewhere...(was kinda hoping I would have found one before it sold >_> lol)

Thanks for the responses guys. On to the note 2 world...and hopefully not be without a phone for TOOOO long world >_< lol

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I suppose you are right. But the note 2 is still selling for around 500-550 in most places I have seen.

OP, good luck in finding a note 2, and I look forward to seeing how you like it once you have!

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I suppose you are right. But the note 2 is still selling for around 500-550 in most places I have seen.

OP, good luck in finding a note 2, and I look forward to seeing how you like it once you have!

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA

Oh wow, kind of like the iPhones. Last I checked, the 4 was still selling for about $180. The 4S, $320 and up, and the 5 remains around $500. That's nuts, but speaks volumes about how often newer/faster/better Android devices appear in market.

Offhand, I can't think of a 2-year old Android device selling for $300. On the other hand, the Nexus 4 price point makes buying anything used almost obsolete (if available on your carrier).

kageneko

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
SO looking around...it looks like that "without a phone" world is gonna start looking mighty familiar for some time lol. If anybody knows someone with a Verizon note 2 (tons of unlocked gsm ones but not so many cdma ones for lower) that might be willing to part with for around 370 ish(or a bit more) Please push them my way....I'm actually kinda gettin all panic attacky...Been years since I havn't had a phone, I realize it's KINDA the center of my everything involving social interactions...Couldn't even sleep last night worrying about not having one...kinda sad I know >_<

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
SO looking around...it looks like that "without a phone" world is gonna start looking mighty familiar for some time lol. If anybody knows someone with a Verizon note 2 (tons of unlocked gsm ones but not so many cdma ones for lower) that might be willing to part with for around 370 ish(or a bit more) Please push them my way....I'm actually kinda gettin all panic attacky...Been years since I havn't had a phone, I realize it's KINDA the center of my everything involving social interactions...Couldn't even sleep last night worrying about not having one...kinda sad I know >_<

Always plan ahead man :)

I have a backup dumb phone for instances like this

kageneko

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
LOL true-er words as they say.

I was blinded by an opportunity that appeared then suddenly disappeared but the phone had already been sold and couldn't back track... i think I might have access to an old droid X2 laying around or something in the mean time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87