Bubbles Scrubbed?

Harris G

May 30, 2013
Visit site
OK...so I got the software upgrade. What I don't get is where the message bubbles went? Messages received are still in a bubble but my outgoing threads are just typeface on whatever photo I select for background...making them mostly unreadable.

Any ideas how I restore a "Bubble" box for my outgoing text messages and still maintain a custom background? Thanks.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read you will have to install an app for that... Or change your background... The bubble is gone.

Harris G

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Textra and it appears to be a good alternative...but it's not "sticking." Do I need to disable stock SMS or something?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Textra is a lil different from other texting apps like handcent and chomp, or gosms... Yes you have to disable the native texting app as much as possible and set new app as default. TexTra takes up less space on phone but does not import contact pics etc from Facebook or other sources... At least this is what I believe I have read.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Been wondering the same thing. I've been using it without issue since they integrated text into it. Much easier to have all messaging in one app.

Out of curiosity, why doesn't anyone use Hangouts for texting?

Posted via Android Central App

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Hangouts now but Ninja SMS was the best alternative to me. It's just awesome & light. As soon as I get bored with Hangouts, I'm going back to Ninja SMS.