DNA running extremely slow

katchik99

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Started yesterday afternoon. At first I thought I was in a poor service area but I'm having issues at home now too. The touchscreen is slow to respond, taking 10+ seconds to register, apps are taking just as long to open. I've rebooted a few times with no change. I haven't installed any apps recently that may be causing an issue. I was close to my 16gb limit so I went through and deleted a bunch of apps I don't use and photos, still no change.

I'd like to avoid a factory reset because I don't want to go through and set everything back up like how I have it now but if that's my last option I'll do it. Also if I'm going to do a factory reset I may as well root.

I want my fast phone back!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Started yesterday afternoon. At first I thought I was in a poor service area but I'm having issues at home now too. The touchscreen is slow to respond, taking 10+ seconds to register, apps are taking just as long to open. I've rebooted a few times with no change. I haven't installed any apps recently that may be causing an issue. I was close to my 16gb limit so I went through and deleted a bunch of apps I don't use and photos, still no change.

I'd like to avoid a factory reset because I don't want to go through and set everything back up like how I have it now but if that's my last option I'll do it. Also if I'm going to do a factory reset I may as well root.

I want my fast phone back!

Try clearing the system cache in recovery

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Any tips for getting into recovery? My fingers are sore from holding down the power and volume keys and it still just reboots the regular way.

Hold the power button, hit restart and then hold volume down :)

Posted via Android Central App

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You could also try downloading Clean Master from the store. Click on Junk Files and click on Clean Junk. Then go back and click on Memory Boost and hit the Boost button. I don't know for certain that it's as thorough as going into recovery and clearing system cache, but I THINK it is.